User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedroom Headboard

Does any body know how to take the headboard down so I can get behind the head it. I own a 2016 303 RLS ? Read some post that people had a draft coming from behind the headboard and I like to look back behind mine.

Thanks
    John & Joan
    w/Dakota & Cooper
    Tidewater VA
    2016 303 RLS (#7608) Build 3/16
    Dodge 2004.5 S/B
    B & W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumpster View Post
    Does any body know how to take the headboard down so I can get behind the head it. I own a 2016 303 RLS ? Read some post that people had a draft coming from behind the headboard and I like to look back behind mine.

Thanks
    We had the same problem. My husband took the button caps off the headboard (popped off) and the screws were behind those. Even though we tracked down that the draft was on my side (of course) of the bed along the corner seam of the rig, he used clear silicone all the way around the headboard area to seal it really well.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing behind the headboards that causes draft. What is happening is the headboard creates a preferred pathway for thermal gradient because of the cold bed box and exterior wall. Venting the bed box so it can reach a balanced temperature with the room stops most of this perceived draft.

If you insist on removing the headboard, there are plastic caps at the base hiding screws. You may also have them at the top, but if you have the crown molding at the top, you need to take the screws out of the top of it to remove it and get to the hidden screws behind it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania