User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Reflection 2797RSTS tank heaters etc?

Have the trailer in title. Newbie to RV'ing, came from boat world here in Western Canada. Sticker says has Arctic Package. Some questions... I dropped a portion of the belly to run some heavy wiring for an inverter and saw no insulation on top of the coroplast belly. Yes, there was a mylar silver film but zero insulation. Is this normal? Can not see any 12v fuse marked for tank heaters. Were these included in the Arctic Package? If so, how are they activated/turned on? Best way to add real insulation to the belly? Regular fibreglass bat would seem like a bad idea because of water retention? Closed cell blue foam would be a nightmare to try and fit into place. Answers??
    Everything I read said Grand Design Reflection was one of the better built quality units. Really? I'd hate to see a cheaply built one lol.. That said, loving the new toy, just want to improve it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farklepilot View Post
    Have the trailer in title. Newbie to RV'ing, came from boat world here in Western Canada. Sticker says has Arctic Package. Some questions... I dropped a portion of the belly to run some heavy wiring for an inverter and saw no insulation on top of the coroplast belly. Yes, there was a mylar silver film but zero insulation. Is this normal? Can not see any 12v fuse marked for tank heaters. Were these included in the Arctic Package? If so, how are they activated/turned on? Best way to add real insulation to the belly? Regular fibreglass bat would seem like a bad idea because of water retention? Closed cell blue foam would be a nightmare to try and fit into place. Answers??
    Everything I read said Grand Design Reflection was one of the better built quality units. Really? I'd hate to see a cheaply built one lol.. That said, loving the new toy, just want to improve it.
    The Reflection line has a laminated floor for insulation and nothing other than the Reflexit. Solitudes have fiberglass insulation on top of the coroplast but some have had water issues. My 2018 297RSTS does not have tank heaters so maybe this is new. I also know some members have added closed foam insulation to the bottom of the floor.

Glad you are loving the new toy.

Any other questions just ask. There are a number of us 297RSTS owners on the site.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't have physical switches in your control center, you don't have tank heaters.

Newer model years of Reflections do have them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how Reflections are built (insulation under floor - but not on top of Coroplast). You can see the Reflection construction page here:

https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...n/construction

I don't believe the Reflections have tank heaters (our 2016 did not).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015