User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dedicated hose, no regulator. No problems so far.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never used a regulator on the black tank flush, have been at campgrounds where the spigot pressure was over 100psi. my very experienced 1/2” old garden hose sometimes still bends as the pressure never really builds. IMO, regulator is not required, however as it is usually at the spigot, just change the hoses if you feel so inclined when packing up.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you read the post above by @geotex1, you'll see that GD uses a fixed sprayer - not a rotating one. Pressure is not an issue.

Rob
    You are correct, like I said, the non rotating one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you open the water spigot at your campsite ( if sewer connection) or, at the dump station and it does not flow at a extremely high volume and pressure you will be fine without a regulator for your tank flush. It is a good practice to us a dedicated flush hose. I would also encourage you to sanitize your water spigot connection at a full hook up camp site since we have seen some campers place their sewer hose up to the spigot to flush it out. Camco and other companies make flush kits which you can add to your grey tanks, don't know why this is not a standard, but it keeps those tanks clean as well.

Camco makes two styles, a fixed spray head and a rotating head, some reviewers advised the rotating spray head came apart in the tank, so when I added them to our grey tanks I utilized the fixed spray head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Rinse

Quote Originally Posted by Nick31 View Post
    Such a great feature for keeping tank clean. Always surprised at how effective this is.

So I run a dedicated hose for this job. I had been thinking that more pressure is a good thing. But started getting worried that if campground pressure is too high I could damage mechanism in the tank.

So do I need a dedicated pressure regulator for this job as well?
    I have never used a pressure reducer on the black tank rinse. How I approached making this process simpler was to put a brass 90 on the water in, and on the black rinse inlet, then a pressure reducer in the drinking water in ( not on the black), then attached a 12 braided stainless hose to each that are connected to a splitter with shut offs. To the bottom of the splitter I used a 6” bib that hangs out of the grommet. That is what I connect my hose to using a quick connect. I leave the side of the splitter going in to the city water connection on all the time. When I need to rinse I just turn the other side of the splitter on. No drips or water splashing around - works great. I could post a pic if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t use a regulator I would turn the value on slowly to reduce surge to the plumbing, that feels like it reduces risk
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also suggest a pressure regulator. I blew my vaccum breaker trying to clean my tank. The one installed by GD is not the highest quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see a pic of your setup. As a new GD owner coming from an Airstream the Nautilus system is like black magic!

Thanks! Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you use a y connector to connect the dedicated hose to the rinse connector? Or do you just disconnectoneandconnectheother to rinse?
    Pete & Betty
    2012 F250 Super Duty 4x4 6.7 Diesel
    2015 Reflection 29RS
    Palm Harbor, FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a y connector to therinse connector but for the
    hose
    Pete & Betty