User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got done winterizing my rig. I followed the manual and it said to use air to blow out the black tank flush line with air, with a maximum air pressure of 70 psi. Would that make you think to not use water pressure above 70 psi also?
    2019 29rs
    2007 Ram diesel, 4x4 long bed
    CDL with tanker, hazmat, emergency vehicle, and bus endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that would be advisable, use a water pressure meter WHENEVER you hookup at a campsite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please post a pic. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gstepp22 View Post
    I have always used a secondary hose and it's only used for black water rinsing. I bought the one camco makes for black water use. It's orange in color so you don't get it mixed up with your drinking hose.
    I never used a regulator while rinsing on any of the GD's I have owned and never had a problem. Great question though. I'm interested in hearing if others have ever had issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    My built in rinser on my 310gk solitude manual says MINimum of 45 lbs pressure. I first used it with a pressure regulator and it made a funney noise and didnt work so well. without the regulator at 70 lbs pressure, seems to work great. Not sure what the MAX pressure would be?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our bathroom is at the rear, as is the flush line, which can’t be more than 4 ft long. As mentioned above you have an open-ended line dumping into a tank, and your dump valve is open. I can’t imagine why I’d need a regulator.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all input. I guess for now I’ll use a dedicated regulator since The rig is just a few months Old. I don’t want to jeopardize any kind of warranty I may have on the Nautilus system.
    2020 Reflection 150 240 RL
    2020 Ford F-250 4WD Crew Cab Diesel
    2004 Dodge 2500 2wd crew cab Diesel
    2000 Carver 450 Voyager Motor Yacht

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why you would need a pressure regulator. The spray nozzles are open so there shouldn't be any pressure buildup unless you don't open the discharge value. If that's the case, you will have problems long before you reach the pressure ratings of the fill value. For my setup, I have a single hose and a "Y" value to control the water flow. Water to the house is off, turn on water to the black water tank. I'm not afraid of back wash from the black tank because I always positive pressure. I don't know what the health officials madidate, nor do I care, but I just heard something that might puts things in prospective. "A park ranger was asked why they couldn't develop a better, more effective bear-proof trash container. The park ranger said that it was hard to design something to keep smart bears out of but allow really dumb people access." My opinion.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    I don't understand why you would need a pressure regulator. The spray nozzles are open so there shouldn't be any pressure buildup unless you don't open the discharge value. If that's the case, you will have problems long before you reach the pressure ratings of the fill value. For my setup, I have a single hose and a "Y" value to control the water flow. Water to the house is off, turn on water to the black water tank. I'm not afraid of back wash from the black tank because I always positive pressure. I don't know what the health officials madidate, nor do I care, but I just heard something that might puts things in prospective. "A park ranger was asked why they couldn't develop a better, more effective bear-proof trash container. The park ranger said that it was hard to design something to keep smart bears out of but allow really dumb people access." My opinion.
    Not sure I understand why the discharge valve must be open? Obviously it has to be open sometime to drain the tank, however, thw black tank is vented thru the roof, just like a household system so there will never be pressure build up. If the dump valve is closed, and the tank flush pressurized, the tank will fill and effluent will use the only exit it has which is thru the roof vent.
    If my black is not full, I use unregulated pressure to flush with the dump valve closed. To me this cleans the top of the tank and fills the tank to provide a bit more static pressure to drain. Once the tank has drained and water from the flush is running thru the discharge as viewed thru the clear elbow, I close the discharge valve and let the tank half fill again as a last step to flush and drain the tank.
    Once the black discharge valve is closed for the second (sometimes third) time I open the grey dump valve and then go and shut off the water. This allows at least 10 to 12 litres of water to be in the black tank, sloshing around during travel to help keep the sensors clean.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Not sure I understand why the discharge valve must be open? Obviously it has to be open sometime to drain the tank, however, thw black tank is vented thru the roof, just like a household system so there will never be pressure build up. If the dump valve is closed, and the tank flush pressurized, the tank will fill and effluent will use the only exit it has which is thru the roof vent.
    If my black is not full, I use unregulated pressure to flush with the dump valve closed. To me this cleans the top of the tank and fills the tank to provide a bit more static pressure to drain. Once the tank has drained and water from the flush is running thru the discharge as viewed thru the clear elbow, I close the discharge valve and let the tank half fill again as a last step to flush and drain the tank.
    Once the black discharge valve is closed for the second (sometimes third) time I open the grey dump valve and then go and shut off the water. This allows at least 10 to 12 litres of water to be in the black tank, sloshing around during travel to help keep the sensors clean.
    What you are saying makes a lot of sense and is much easier than filling the black tank from the toilet. They have to be vented or the tanks aren't going to drain. I wonder that the thinking is for the warning in the owners manual is for. Maybe their lawyer's wanted it to prevent service claims for stained roofs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flush.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	31516
    Last edited by wjpatter; 01-10-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    I don't understand why you would need a pressure regulator.
    The water system in your trailer is assembled from cheap plastic parts and is informally rated for 50 psi max pressure. While your reasoning about open-ended systems is not wrong, the black tank flush supply passes through ~6 connections including some using soft hose improperly connected to PEX fittings, and a cheap plastic vacuum break valve. To some of us it makes sense to reduce risk by using a regulator on the black tank flush. My regulator is on my city water supply hose and I use the same hose for black tank flush.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast