User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve contacted the Factory Service Center, but was told that they really focus on warranty work there. A case number was opened and sent to the FSC, and I am waiting to hear if it will be accepted. Even though it will be a 600-mile round trip, that is my first choice, if it happens. In the mean-time, I’m looking for other options.

The Flex-Armor and RV Armor are both options worthy of consideration, but I’m not certain that either one is able to fully address this repair. It will involve matching and replacing a ceiling panel as well as possible duct and wiring issues, if either area sustained damage.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like we have an excellent way to close the story...

Susan Bond, a Regional Service Manager at Grand Design, worked with the Factory Service Center and we are scheduled for a structural repair and roof replacement on January 29th. Thanks, so much, Susan. I realize that Grand Design no longer monitors this forum, but I want to say that Grand Design has more than met my expectation in handling this matter.

In the mean-time, I have sealed things up with duct tape, Eternabond and sealant, covered the bad areas with 2 layers of tarps (not too worried about mold/mildew, as the roof is going to be replaced), then pool pillows (great idea from Howson, on another forum) and finally, with a fifth-wheel cover that my neighbor offered up (thanks Dean).

I am more than grateful for all of the advice from fellow forum members, and a special thanks to geotex1 for some special off-the-record conversation and advice.

It looks like we will be back in running order for our trip in April.

Thanks again, to all, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roof repair

I was wondering in advance about roof repair a while back. Came up with: RV Armor <[email protected]>
    David Hamilton RV Armor Inc. [email protected] 941-242-5797 Here's the web site to look at to see if it's worth you time :https://rv-armor.com/rv-armor/
    Would say it your insurance covers it, that it would be a good way to save your investment.
    Just my .02 cents worth (no refund for over pay)

Doug Hazlett 2018 375RES
    Wichita KS area

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Roof Install...,believe they are in Georgia. Lots of videos on YouTube, and I think they work with mfgs warranty
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I contacted them, they would come to you. The price seemed to reflect that also. Things may have changed with this Covid stuff. Thing that caught my eye, beyond that they came to you. Was they guaranteed their work. Listed to web site for follow up if any questions. Phone # also.

Doug Hazlett 2018 375RES
    Wichita KS area

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    We had a bit of a windstorm here, over the weekend, and sustained damage to the roof of our 303. An 8-foot long hardwood branch broke off a tree above, and drove a 1-1/2” limb through the roof and ceiling. There is about a 1–1/2” hole in the roof and about a 6-8” tear in the ceiling, where the heaviest part of the branch swung out to the side and broke off. We had about an 18” limb sticking all the way through. It came to a stop about an inch above the slide, so no damage to that at all. It also appears to have swung clear of the rest of the roof, walls and windows, as it continued it descent to the ground.

I’ve spoke to the GD service center, and Matt said that the roof membrane will probably need to be replaced, along with the substrate that is under it. While they have that apart, they can repair any damage to the ducting and replace the interior ceiling panel. Now for my question...

The insurance company does not have anyone in the area that they can recommend for the repairs. They mentioned Camping World but, before he could even complete the sentence, I said that Camping World would never, ever, touch my trailer. He said that’s okay, they were really too far away, anyway.

Matt, at GD, suggested Camper’s Inn in Elwood City, PA as well as Meyers RV in Apollo, PA and Ansley in Duncansville. Has anyone ever used the service departments at any of these facilities? If so, what was your experience? I think this needs to be done by an above average repair shop, as it’s more than just adjusting a refrigerator or fixing a furnace or water heater. We plan to have this trailer for years, so I want a first-class repair, not something to just get it in and out of a shop.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

​​​​​​Attachment 30721

Attachment 30722

Attachment 30724

​Thanks, in advance,
    Like others have said make an appointment at the factory repair center. Take plenty of pictures for insurance and then do a temporary repair yourself. I was in Indiana back in mid October and stopped at the GD repair center to as about some minor repair work and was told at that time that they were booked until mid February.
    I think I would carefully use a razor knife and cut about an 8" sq hole in the ceiling panel and check the roof damage from underneath. If you can glue a 8"x 8" piece of ¼" luan to the underside of the roof from inside the rv. Next use non-leveling lap sealant to fill the hole on the roof to just even with the roof membrane. Let the lap sealant cure and then go over that with a small section of the roof repair tape followed by a second larger section of roof repair tape. That should make a very decent temporary watertight repair untill you can get to your appointment date. For the inside ceiling cut yourself a 10" x 10" piece of luan, paint it to match the ceiling as close as possible and attach it with four screws to temporarily close up the access hole you cut in the ceiling.
    Good luck with these repairs and keep us posted on the progress. Be prepared for GD to have your RV for several weeks.

**NEVER MIND... I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE READ Pg.2 OF THIS POST BEFORE RESPONDING, LOL!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-05-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12