User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Other Rob

Have you adjusted the camber on the hydraulic slides?
    Our kitchen slide just barely rubs a bit of grayness onto the floor to the rear of the slide. KEN
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    GD uses Lippert through frame slides on both electric and hydraulic models which means there's not an adjustment for the angle. What's needed is a slight vertical adjustment on the rear arm. Where the arm attaches to the slide, you loosen the two carriage bolts so the connection can move freely. Turn the adjustment screw clockwise to raise. 540 degrees gets you about 1/8" of vertical change. Only adjust with your rig level and stable, and put the slide in and out 4 to 6 times to confirm all is well.
    Ok Rob
    Let's start with I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving. I've got the 16lb turkey cooking in the electric turkey roaster.

It's dry for now here in Western Oregon, so I popped the slides out (Solitude is in the side of the driveway) and took some pics.

I think your instructions say to loosen the 2 bolts that attach the plate from the horizonal arm to the vertical plate.

Then I can use the bolt in picture 1 going vertical with the lock nut to raise or lower the slide.

I think I need to lower the outer portion to raise the slide on the inside, as it goes in. The slide rollers make marks on the floor when going in. Mostly the last 1/3 of the time as it goes in.

Thanks in advance, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Ok Rob
    Let's start with I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving. I've got the 16lb turkey cooking in the electric turkey roaster.

It's dry for now here in Western Oregon, so I popped the slides out (Solitude is in the side of the driveway) and took some pics.

I think your instructions say to loosen the 2 bolts that attach the plate from the horizonal arm to the vertical plate.

Then I can use the bolt in picture 1 going vertical with the lock nut to raise or lower the slide.

I think I need to lower the outer portion to raise the slide on the inside, as it goes in. The slide rollers make marks on the floor when going in. Mostly the last 1/3 of the time as it goes in.

Thanks in advance, KEN
    Ken,

You should have to RAISE the slide. While the mechanism works in a straight-line, there is an inclination (i.e., the through-frame slide arms aren't level when the rig is level). Regardless, to be protective, put a thin sheet of aluminum or such on the floor while you're doing adjustment just to make sure matters aren't inadvertently made worse. It's a good idea to mark the bolt locations and threads before loosening just in case you need to return to your original starting point.

...and... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Smoking the bird here.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken,

You should have to RAISE the slide. While the mechanism works in a straight-line, there is an inclination (i.e., the through-frame slide arms aren't level when the rig is level). Regardless, to be protective, put a thin sheet of aluminum or such on the floor while you're doing adjustment just to make sure matters aren't inadvertently made worse. It's a good idea to mark the bolt locations and threads before loosening just in case you need to return to your original starting point.

...and... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Smoking the bird here.
    I have the same issue with the kitchen slide scratching the floor in one area. Just started doing this so don't want it to get any worse. Since the rollers are mounted to the floor right by the outside of the trailer, I would think that I should lower the slide arms slightly so that as the back goes down the front rises with the rollers as the pivot point. If I raise the outside back then the front of the slide will go down as it pivots on the rollers.

As a temporary solutions and going forward I have made some plexiglass slideout strips to put on the floor to avoid the scratches and further damage but would like to fix it correctly.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I have the same issue with the kitchen slide scratching the floor in one area. Just started doing this so don't want it to get any worse. Since the rollers are mounted to the floor right by the outside of the trailer, I would think that I should lower the slide arms slightly so that as the back goes down the front rises with the rollers as the pivot point. If I raise the outside back then the front of the slide will go down as it pivots on the rollers.

As a temporary solutions and going forward I have made some plexiglass slideout strips to put on the floor to avoid the scratches and further damage but would like to fix it correctly.

Rob
    You raise a good point, if the rollers on your units are fixed at the slide opening for your kitchen slides, the adjustment may, in fact, be a lowering. Observing the arc of the box motion is key, and kitchen slides have a different center of gravity because of the weight of the appliances. In our unit, the kitchen slide has rollers mounted on the box floor.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You raise a good point, if the rollers on your units are fixed at the slide opening for your kitchen slides, the adjustment may, in fact, be a lowering. Observing the arc of the box motion is key, and kitchen slides have a different center of gravity because of the weight of the appliances. In our unit, the kitchen slide has rollers mounted on the box floor.
    I am surprised that GD does two different roller designs for the kitchen slides but I guess there is probably a reason for it. I originally thought all of the rollers were on the box untill I had a really good look at mine with a light and a flexible scope camera. Guess once spring hits I will need to carefully adjust mine while watching how it affects the inside of the slide to make sure I adjust it in the correct direction. I think rollers on the box would make more sense on a heavy slide to prevent it from bowing when in use.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried adjusting the slide adjustments. I did 1 360* turn on each side of the dinette slide up and then down. I put some old Formica down to protect the floor. I didn't see a difference. I did get a chance to look under the inside edge. There is no roller on our Solitude. It's a 3" glide and all along the edge is a ramp covered in plastic glide. The slide ramps up slightly as it comes in and then tips slowly down into the room just before come to a stop. The glides seem to be designed to touch. They need to be clean. No debris at all or they could scratch.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123