Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are the Cold spots to worry about

For those with experience...specifically if possible the 23BHE. Can anyone tell me where are the areas I need to worry about that can freeze water supply lines, or tanks.

The unit is stated to be four seasons so it should keep it warm, right?

I purchased temperature sensors to alert me if things get cold.

With my issue regarding heat...

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...droom-freezing

The challenge will be heat cycling. Since the thermostat is in the MB, if the tstat doesn't cycle properly because I am adding a space heater (variables such as location, outdoor temp, and temp setting), the underbelly areas might not get their regular dose of heat thereby causing a freezeup.

Can anyone let me know which areas are most sensitive? I.E. Tanks, near hot water heater, one of the sinks, etc)

Thank you,
    2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 23BHE
    2021 GMC Yukon Denali W/Duramax

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your pipes will freeze before your tanks. If camping in a situation where your pipes might freeze then I wouldnt use that space heater. Your underbelly is heated via your furnace and only when it comes on. Using a space heater reduces the frequency of when your furnace will come on. Another spot to watch for is your fresh city water hose if you have one connected. I'd suggest using a heated fresh water hose. The other issue you'll run into since you have single pan windows is condensation. I suggest getting a small dehumidifier. They have small ones good for RV that just sits on your counter.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ynot that’s great information. Thank you. Yes part of my complaint with my unit is heat vent distribution. At first glance some don’t get the fact that thermostat must cycle to heat other areas.

But question, regarding pipes, which areas do the pipes run thru that I should worry about?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by looknow12 View Post
    Ynot that’s great information. Thank you. Yes part of my complaint with my unit is heat vent distribution. At first glance some don’t get the fact that thermostat must cycle to heat other areas.

But question, regarding pipes, which areas do the pipes run thru that I should worry about?
    I don't have the same model as you and I haven't found the courage to drop my underbelly yet but from the pictures I've seen on here from folks that did, they run all over the place. Some look like a real spaghetti mess.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE