User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper Dive Bar Casanova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I think in my case the replacement parts I used exceeded GDs original hardware. After drilling the holes, the new bolts dropped right in. I use the d rings to help tie down dirt bikes in conjunction with the 'bolt it on' system and the new hardware worked out great, better than the factory fasteners that have broken screw heads. Although, I did install 2 new floor anchors for the bulk of the 'bolt it on' system mainly because I needed the floor anchors to be about 6" closer to the forward wall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I'm thinking yet again ya have to go another way other than what GD used. Pretty common in GD DIY projects.
    If GD mounted the D rings 9" inches more inboard owners could use the over-the tire net type straps. Really takes the stress off the D rings.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just asking, but have you tried the parts department of a larger RV dealer? They're about the only one's who will use that particular screw...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Just asking, but have you tried the parts department of a larger RV dealer? They're about the only one's who will use that particular screw...
    None out here but I will check that out.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have at luck at a few places. Trailer dealers that sell utility trailer usually have a good selection if they have parts and service departments. Also BoltDepot.com and McMaster.com have a lot more variety then Lowes or Home Depot. Depending on what you are tying down I would adjust how the D-Ring is anchored. I like to through bolt my D-Rings with a backing plate underneath for vehicles.
    Dan, Ponderosa Park, CO
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE (SOLD)
    2023 Hiker Mid Range Deluxe 5x9 (Due Oct 2023)
    2018 Nissan Titan Crew

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After almost drilling a self tapping screw through a fuel tank component I got more careful about redoing tie downs in the garage. Because I kept pulling them out I finally started through bolting with large washer on the back side.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2BE3DAB2-C7E8-43EE-B94F-199C124422BF.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	31077Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71EE3059-8CB1-40A7-B882-EAC12D51B19A.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	31078
    Mounting the ring with the center ring retaining clasp toward the load helps prevent this. Read that: helps prevent.
    Before the pundits tell me I need more straps I use three in the front - 3 in the back.
    Last edited by Dive Bar Casanova; 12-12-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI - I'm sure this is obvious but, if you're using the same holes you don't need to go back with self drilling type.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12