User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squealing Turning Point Hitch?

I'm using the swiveling feature of the Turning Point hitch on my Reflections 150 295RL. When I make a 45 degree or more turn, I hear a fairly loud squealing that appears to come from the Turning Point. This is a 2021 trailer that I've used about 4 times in the dry AZ climate. I know that the documentation talks about a yearly lube of the swivel mechanism - maybe it wasn't lubed by the factory?

Any ideas?

BTW, I find it extremely difficult to hitch at my storage yard where I don't have room to get the truck lined up and back straight onto the hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some squealing that was coming from the turning point I used a Lithium spray grease swivel the turning point in multiple positions and spray and swivel it worked for me What type of hitch do you have I have a B&W companion with a Wedged specifically for the B&W have no issues Hitching or unhitching Make sure you have the proper wedge and it is adjusted properly
    Quote Originally Posted by Foothiller View Post
    I'm using the swiveling feature of the Turning Point hitch on my Reflections 150 295RL. When I make a 45 degree or more turn, I hear a fairly loud squealing that appears to come from the Turning Point. This is a 2021 trailer that I've used about 4 times in the dry AZ climate. I know that the documentation talks about a yearly lube of the swivel mechanism - maybe it wasn't lubed by the factory?

Any ideas?

BTW, I find it extremely difficult to hitch at my storage yard where I don't have room to get the truck lined up and back straight onto the hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojohn View Post
    I had some squealing that was coming from the turning point I used a Lithium spray grease swivel the turning point in multiple positions and spray and swivel it worked for me What type of hitch do you have I have a B&W companion with a Wedged specifically for the B&W have no issues Hitching or unhitching Make sure you have the proper wedge and it is adjusted properly
    Thanks for the lube info. I have a Curt A16 hitch with the specialty wedge for the Curt A16. It seems that I have to have the truck within 1/2" of perfect to get the hitch to latch. That's not too tough where I have space to get the truck straight and back in, but very tough when space is limited so I'm turning while lining up.

My storage space requires several sharp turns so I can't just lock out the pin box and use my fixed hitch. I originally avoided a sliding hitch because of the weight and cost, but I'm going to look at one now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had nothing but headaches with my Turning Point pin. From noise, difficulty hitching at times, to sway on the freeway. Enough. Locked it out and couldn't be happier.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave up and locked out my turning point gooseneck. I added the sliding component to my A16. I hitch much easier & can navigate my storage yard. Trying to use the Turning Point just cost me time and money.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What truck do you have? I locked mine out when we first got it. Just move a couple of bolts and you are done. I don't use a sliding hitch. Never had a problem. We have a F250 short bed.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got an HDPP F150 with the 6.5' bed. I installed the slider base because a) it's very tight getting in and out of my storage location; b) I didn't want to end up out somewhere and need to get the truck 80 degrees to the trailer. Hopefully I'll not need the slider. I did some measurements while I was using the turning point and it looked like getting into storage was going to be iffy with just a fixed hitch.