User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actual Cargo Weight

Ready to order new 2021 Solitude 310GK. The rated GVWR is 15,000 lbs. with a cargo capacity of about 2,700 lbs. Tow vehicle is not an issue as we have a huge F350 with plenty of towing and cargo capacity. Curious though how much "STUFF" do you guys actually carry in the 5th wheels? Is 2,700 lbs. of cargo capacity enough for the rig? I've seen others above 4,000 lbs.

I know I can go to scale but would like to hear from the experts.

Happy Glamping!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you're talking about a stock 310 without the 8K axle upgrade. You will likely not have the full 2,700 lbs. CCC if you take it to the scales before you load it. The published numbers are empty/dry with no options. Our 310GK-R came off the line weighing 12,382 (without propane, water or batteries). That's officially 2,618 lbs. of CCC. We immediately added about 400 lbs. with the MORryde independent suspension installation (unsprung weight, theough). We are full-timers, have a W/D, factory solar, dual pane windows, slide toppers - but no generator and lithium batteries (lighter). With full propane and 2/3 fresh water, we weigh in at 15,763 (with MORryde independent suspension). This means we loaded 2,981 lbs. of "stuff." You can increase the GVWR of the 310 to 18K by ordering the 8K axle upgrade (comes with disc brakes an load range H, 17.5" tires). That would give you a LOT more CCC.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I assume you're talking about a stock 310 without the 8K axle upgrade. You will likely not have the full 2,700 lbs. CCC if you take it to the scales before you load it. The published numbers are empty/dry with no options. Our 310GK-R came off the line weighing 12,382 (without propane, water or batteries). That's officially 2,618 lbs. of CCC. We immediately added about 400 lbs. with the MORryde independent suspension installation (unsprung weight, theough). We are full-timers, have a W/D, factory solar, dual pane windows, slide toppers - but no generator and lithium batteries (lighter). With full propane and 2/3 fresh water, we weigh in at 15,763 (with MORryde independent suspension). This means we loaded 2,981 lbs. of "stuff." You can increase the GVWR of the 310 to 18K by ordering the 8K axle upgrade (comes with disc brakes an load range H, 17.5" tires). That would give you a LOT more CCC.

Rob
    EDIT: A "huge F350" - if it's single rear wheel - is not a universal "cure." It's the dual rear wheels that make the difference...
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By huge I mean 6.7L diesel with plenty of towing and cargo capacity. I'm able to put items both in the bed and the cab while towing. We are moving from the 295RL Reflection to the 310GK. I think you recently wrote you made a similar move.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaborra View Post
    By huge I mean 6.7L diesel with plenty of towing and cargo capacity
    You will have plenty of power for towing the 310GK but depending on how you load your truck and RV, you will be near or at the limit of your truck's payload rating.

We added about 1,600lbs of stuff to our rig.
    Last edited by bertschb; 11-19-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By huge I mean 6.7L diesel with plenty of towing and cargo capacity. I'm able to put items both in the bed and the cab while towing. We are moving from the 295RL Reflection to the 310GK. I think you recently wrote you made a similar move.
    We did - but with a dual rear wheel truck.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The actual "payload rating" on your specific truck is the key number (5th wheel trailers will typically be limited by the TV payload rating). What is the number on the yellow DOT sticker on the drivers door of YOUR truck? Here is mine (description in sig below)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford F-350 Tires & loading tag.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	30766

Our 310GK (no options) was listed on the build sheet from the factory as 12,286#. Coming home from the dealer with one battery and full propane I ran across a CAT scales at 12,223# (plus 377# of fresh water left in the tank).

Typically loaded for and during travel the trailer (weighed multiple times) ranges from 13,500 to 13,900# with some water in the tank(s). So we have added 1,300~1,700#. We are not full timers but do travel 3~6 weeks at a time.

One thing to keep in mind, everything you add to the trailer, including batteries, propane, water (both fresh and waste), heavier mattress, as well as tools, camping gear, food etc. all count against your load/total weight.

Chris

Ignore the following chart. Added by mistake and cannot figure out how to delete it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tire load rating by PSI.jpg  
    Last edited by CoChris; 11-19-2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Added tire load picture
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023