Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 'Questions Asked' when getting tire warranty service

I took one of the brand new tires on my GD 5th wheel to have a TPMS valve installed. The shop said the tire bead was badly damaged and the tire could not be remounted. I had them (Discount Tire) document this, and paid for a new tire.

Lionshead refused to honor the warranty, saying they needed a picture of the tire - did not care about the documentation I had. This does not seem reasonable. Beware - take plenty of photos if you have a problem......

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of unit do you own?

Lionshead is probably thinking that Discount Tire could have just as easily screwed up your bead. I mean, it was mounted, and fine, right? Leads you to believe that if they couldn't remount it, they probably screwed it up.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    260RD. I agree that discount tire could have damaged the tire but leaves me in the middle either way. Warrantyless.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmtaylor View Post
    260RD. I agree that discount tire could have damaged the tire but leaves me in the middle either way. Warrantyless.
    Yep, problem is, if you were on the OTHER end of this, and were paying out the warranty, wouldn't you question the same thing?

I just have a hard time believing that the Lionshead could get it mounted and have damaged the bead that badly that Discount Tire couldn't.

My bet is on Discount Tire being the culprit and not owning up to it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever seen the "training" chain tires shops give techs? The overwhelming majority do not even know what the attachments are for their machines, let alone how to use them! If there was a problem with the bead, a reputable tire shop would have come to you immediately after they broke it to show you. Not after, especially not when dismounted. If you didn't see damage for yourself, chances are there was nothing wrong at all and you were taken advantage of, which is standard fare for chain shops. If you saw it for yourself, I'd bet the tech caught it up in the grip during dismount. Fact of the matter, they need only break the bead to install ANY style of TPMS, not dismount necessary.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania