User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microwave vent to the outside

337rls I had to replace the microwave because it fried (warranty). The company that replaced it put this vent in for me (at my own expense). Sorry if the picture is sideways. It didn't upload the way it is in my gallery and I couldn't figure out how to correct it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microwave vent.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	30769
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice. I still need to add a vent on mine.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideblue51 View Post
    337rls I had to replace the microwave because it fried (warranty). The company that replaced it put this vent in for me (at my own expense). Sorry if the picture is sideways. It didn't upload the way it is in my gallery and I couldn't figure out how to correct it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microwave vent.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	30769
    I keep thinking that I want to do this as well but really don't like putting another hole in the wall that can leak or cause problems. Just paranoid I guess but may do it anyway in the spring.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it odd that there is no outside vent for the fan. The fan just blows out the top. Maybe that is why GD put the vent/fan in the roof where they did so you need to run that also so actually vents the cooking exhaust out of the trailer.
    2022 F350 DRW - Lariat, LBCC, 4x4, 7.3L, 4.30 gears
    2018 Imagine 2150RB (SOLD)
    2005 Four Wheel Camper, Grandby (Slide-in Popup)
    2020 Reflection 337RLS (SOLD)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverrunner View Post
    I found it odd that there is no outside vent for the fan. The fan just blows out the top. Maybe that is why GD put the vent/fan in the roof where they did so you need to run that also so actually vents the cooking exhaust out of the trailer.
    We have a 2017 337RLS and the microwave is vented to the outside. There is a flap on the vent which is held closed by a couple of tabs. It’s a pain in the butt to remember to go out and turn the tabs in order to use the vent. If the tabs are left in the open position, then the vent flap flops in the wind which is annoying. So we use the ceiling fan instead.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    We have a 2017 337RLS and the microwave is vented to the outside. There is a flap on the vent which is held closed by a couple of tabs. It’s a pain in the butt to remember to go out and turn the tabs in order to use the vent. If the tabs are left in the open position, then the vent flap flops in the wind which is annoying. So we use the ceiling fan instead.
    Here is a fairly easy solution to the access part of getting to the little locking tabs, and a fairly easy mod to do if you are interested. I had the same issue and installed these spring loaded locking pins to the outside of the trailer. The silver button on the face of the spring latch releases the pin so the flap will open when the microwave is on. To close the pins, you just use the stick and push up on the bottom of the spring latch (the black rubber tip at the bottom of it). My stick is a piece of 1/2" dowel rod with an electrical wire nut screwed onto the end of the dowel. I also used some dense foam on the vent flap because the pin sticks out just a bit further than the flap, when the flap is closed. Here are the pics....and it works very well....and no ladder involved to lock or unlock the vent flap anymore because I just leave the little plastic tabs unlocked all the time....and just use the spring latch to hold it closed.

Locked in the close position...

Released position and ready for using the microwave

Here is the stick that I use to lock or release the spring latches.......and I don't need a ladder to reach up there anymore

Spring loaded latches on Amazon..... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned this in a previous post... Our Solitude 379FL had the stove vent fan blowing directly at the smoke detector. Anything cooked always came with a lot of extra noise. Our was less than a year old when we bought it but I remembered going through the "goodies bag" and seeing a template for rear-venting the hood fan. Removing the micro-hood fan requires two people and removing two nuts in the overhead cabinet. Using a stud-finder I found that by some strange miracle that the aluminum studs were spaced "perfectly" for the vent location. I couldn't believe it. I bought the same flapper vent you have. I laid out the cut lines, drilled the four corners, the used a cutoff wheel on a die-grinder to connect the holes (on both sides), then used a hack-saw blade to finish the ends. As far as the unit, the procedure involves rotating the motor/fan 90 degrees per the directions. It is so nice now. The smoke detector only goes off when we forget to turn the fan on! The total cost for the conversion was about $12, the cost of the vent cover and stainless screws and silicone to mount it.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbeard View Post
    I used this one when I installed my outside vent. I can't remember if there are tabs but I never use them (never did on previous camper too). The frame around the flapper keeps it from flying off.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I will chime in too. This is a project that I also need to do. my 2016 330had the microwave and the vent hood with exhaust to the outside. The vent hood and exhaust were 12 volt so boondocking wasn't an issue in which we do more than not. Also our 337 doesn't have a twelve volt light in that area so that is another project. Once we get done with our house project, January ish, then we can get after our mobile mansion project. Just weird that GD changes things like this and don't seem to think of the previous that is working well. Not all of us full time or are in full hook up spots all the time. Just Saying ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona