User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to MGRV - 2400bh

Hello everyone - I have been browsing the MGRV site...and noticed that there are some users that have the 2400bh (and also have 3 kids).

My wife and I are seriously looking at the same model 2021 2400bh...and we have three kids 8,6 & 5. Of course the creature comforts of a larger trailer (i.e. 2800 look appealing...but I'd rather have something short where I can get to various sites without having to worry about something too big.) We will be outside of the RV most of the time...and realize things may be a little tight if we are huddled up inside when it's cold, or its raining outside...but I would love to hear anyone's experience over time - and if they have any regrets.

Also - I was comparing the GD with the Outdoors RV 23dbs - but my wife is partial to the GD interior. (personally...I like the ORV and the perceived heavy duty construction/suspension...but I too like the interior of the new 2400 better.)

Anyhow, any comments, opinions, and/or insight to other models and your experience with the 2400 would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Mitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant help you on the model but can say welcome to the forum. With 3 kids I woud go as long as you are comfortable with. The difference going forward or back with an extra few feet could make the whole experience more enjoyable. The difference towing a 28 ft TT and a 33 ft is negligable
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitch
    We just purchased a used 2400BH and we are a family of 4. We have twin 5 year olds. We moved up from a Aliner Classic where we slept on the queen (couch by day) and kids slept on twin (table by day). I am not of the opinion bigger is better. I want to be able to get to where I want and limit us as little as possible when it comes to the accessibility. Coming from sailboat all the extra length gets you is more births and in RVs it seems it is more stuff (a couch for example). I would offer that what we really like about the 2400 is you don't have anything running double duty. Kids beds are always kids beds. Table is always table and so on. If your 2 of your kids are going to share a bunk I could not recommend it more highly. If you was any dimensions or whatnot let me know.

Thanks,
    Beau
    Beau and Kathryn
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2021 F250 6.7