Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General question on AC air flow

369RL. When we close the vent at the ac unit, the air diverts to the ducting as it should, however there is barely any air flow out of the other vents. We don’t have the option of closing any of the vents in the living area.
    Is this low airflow normal?
    (We have closed the bedroom vents to see if that helps and it does not) ((or at least we can’t tell if it makes a difference))

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    369RL. When we close the vent at the ac unit, the air diverts to the ducting as it should, however there is barely any air flow out of the other vents. We don’t have the option of closing any of the vents in the living area. Is this low airflow normal? (We have closed the bedroom vents to see if that helps and it does not) ((or at least we can’t tell if it makes a difference))
    We've been unhappy with our main living area A/C from day one. It would roar almost interminably, stopping only occasionally for brief moments and then starting again for long minutes to maintain just 75 degrees, and did that in conditions that were NOT very hot... low eighties. Airflow from the circle vents was poor.

The following thread appeared recently and within 48 hours (lightning speed for me) I had completed the mod described in it. Easy, cheap, and under three hours work to do two air conditioners.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post329705

We were in fall weather when I completed the mod so I haven't tested the A/C. However there's no doubt that on fan the air movement from the A/C through the circle vents has improved pretty dramatically and the A/C units are quieter too. I'm looking forward to a lot less roaring and more cooling the next time we use the A/Cs.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch