User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking Up new 2800BH in 2 weeks - what do I need to look REAL good at walk thru?

We are so excited to pick up our new 2800BH after Thanksgiving. We are switching from Jayco's to GD. Of course, we have read about the issues with some GD (along with pretty much every RV company out there).

We plan on walking through very carefully, but what are some of the common issues that we should double-triple check and pay close attention to on the Imagine?

Also, if anyone has a great walk through checklist for the Imagine, or what you used, I would love to see it.

thank you so much. we are happy to be in the GD club.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advance search for PDI and you will get a lot of info.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted a new updated PDI form, it's based on the one from Tom Boles. The thread details the changes I made to it. It is in MS Word .docx format so you can edit it if you need to.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-document-v2-0
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 11-22-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miker1999 View Post
    We are so excited to pick up our new 2800BH after Thanksgiving. We are switching from Jayco's to GD. Of course, we have read about the issues with some GD (along with pretty much every RV company out there).

We plan on walking through very carefully, but what are some of the common issues that we should double-triple check and pay close attention to on the Imagine?

Also, if anyone has a great walk through checklist for the Imagine, or what you used, I would love to see it.

thank you so much. we are happy to be in the GD club.
    Basically, check EVERYTHING. If it has moving parts, see that they do. If it runs on electricity, make sure there's power there (an outlet tester is a good idea). Turn on/off all light switches. If it opens & closes, make sure it does (doors, drawers, windows, blinds, recliners). If there's supposed to be water, see that it runs. And on, and on......

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 2018 2800bh but didn't utilize the bunks like we thought we would. Traded for a 2670mk. Check the curb side of the trailer for sagging. I think GD may have upgraded the suspension in 2019 but ours sagged quite a bit.... empty. Springs flattened out. That was the only issue I had with that model.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check everything for leaks, pressurize the system with a shore water hookup. Make sure all switches and outlets work. Our exterior light switch had a cover but no actual microswitch, just two bare wires. I still cant get the satellite dish to work their wiring seems inferior and going to have to install a line of my own. Imwishntheynoffered a tire upgrade. Those are my thoughts. Make sure all outlets and plugs everywhere work.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog