Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at putting my generator 80# and a couple of bikes ~30-50#. If that is to much on the back then I'll move the genie to front A frame, though at 72yo and foot 4 inches tall I don't relish lifting an 80# genie over my head.

And Thanks for all the Replies
    Last edited by Mrbaker; 11-23-2020 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Add Text
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to carry my 2 bicycles on the rear of my 2021 22MLE. My dealer said putting on a frame mounted or bumper mounted Receiver Hitch would void the warranty. I also discovered it would void my Kuat Bike Rack warranty. In researching this, I also found many instances where the up and down motion of the bikes cracked/broke the bumper when using a bumper mounted hitch.
    Marty and Teresa Hawkins
    Mount Olive, AL
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martybhawk View Post
    I wanted to carry my 2 bicycles on the rear of my 2021 22MLE. My dealer said putting on a frame mounted or bumper mounted Receiver Hitch would void the warranty. I also discovered it would void my Kuat Bike Rack warranty. In researching this, I also found many instances where the up and down motion of the bikes cracked/broke the bumper when using a bumper mounted hitch.
    Reply From Grand Design on adding a rear hitch:

"We do not have a weight rating for rear bumper since we do not install a receiver hitch here at the factory. Adding a bolt on aftermarket hitch will not void the warranty; however, any collateral damage caused by this will not be covered. "

Brian Peters
    Inside Sales | Grand Design RV
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbaker View Post
    Reply From Grand Design on adding a rear hitch:

"We do not have a weight rating for rear bumper since we do not install a receiver hitch here at the factory. Adding a bolt on aftermarket hitch will not void the warranty; however, any collateral damage caused by this will not be covered. "

Brian Peters
    Inside Sales | Grand Design RV
    I’m not sure how your bumper is attached to your frame, but I used these for 2 years with no trouble to carry 2 bikes. The only reason I am still not using them is we got some eBikes which are heavier so I had a receiver installed and carry our bikes using it and a Hollywood eBike bike rack rated for a 5th wheel (one of the VERY few racks that are trailer rated.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im mounting a bike and kayak back there. The bumpers are not as strong as on some trailers. Had a guynweld some tabs to strengthen it and feel more comfortable now.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12