User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge door rubbing against island in 303rls when slide is in

My new 303rls has one issue that my wife and I noticed on our last trip. When the slide with the fridge is retraced all the way for travel the bottom left fridge door panel is in contact with the left most cabinet door on the island. The fridge door is rubbing against the island door and both are getting damaged. Has anyone had this happen to them, and what was done to correct the problem? I'll have to take it back to the dealer, but I'd like to know if others have experienced this and what was done to correct the problem for them.

Thanks,
    Jesse
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    My new 303rls has one issue that my wife and I noticed on our last trip. When the slide with the fridge is retraced all the way for travel the bottom left fridge door panel is in contact with the left most cabinet door on the island. The fridge door is rubbing against the island door and both are getting damaged. Has anyone had this happen to them, and what was done to correct the problem? I'll have to take it back to the dealer, but I'd like to know if others have experienced this and what was done to correct the problem for them.

Thanks,
    Jesse
    Is the fridge door not closing all the way? Or is it flopping open when traveling? Or is the cupboard door not staying closed? When the slide is in, I believe, that neither of those should be touching.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fridge door is definitely fully closed as well as the cabinet door. They actually touch when the slide is fully retraced. The cabinet door looks like it's hung straight and pretty flush, and it's not sticking out at all. So my suspicion is that that the fridge is the culprit here, or that the slide is retracting too far. But I have no idea if these slides are adjustable for how far they retract.
    Jesse & Anita
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Residental fridge? If so, push on the bottom of the fridge and see if it moves back. I don't believe GD anchors them at the base.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 303, and it is under wraps right now, so I can’t get into it to see how it is set up. I believe that the countertop extends beyond the face of the cabinet and drawer. I would think that the fridge would hit the countertop overhang before hitting the cabinet door. Does your countertop not extend beyond the cabinet?

To your question about having an adjustment to how far the slides come in, if it was not in all the way, it would be sticking out on the outside, which would not be a good situation.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the standard 12 cubic foot side by side RV fridge the 303 comes with, not a residential fridge.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The island counter does overhang the cabinets. The fridge doesn't hit it, but just barely by about a quarter inch. The slide out is angled slightly when it's pulled in so that the lower part is in further than the upper part. That slight difference is just enough for the lowest part of the fridge door to just rub up against one of the cabinet door fronts of the island. We're talking about 1/4 inch of difference or a little more. The slider is super close to the island in general. The other slider where the dinette and theater seats comes within about an inch of the island, but there seems to be good clearance there. The trouble maker is the kitchen slider. It comes really darned close to the island. Close enough for that one bottom wood panel of the fridge to rub against a cabinet door on the island.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    The island counter does overhang the cabinets. The fridge doesn't hit it, but just barely by about a quarter inch. The slide out is angled slightly when it's pulled in so that the lower part is in further than the upper part. That slight difference is just enough for the lowest part of the fridge door to just rub up against one of the cabinet door fronts of the island. We're talking about 1/4 inch of difference or a little more. The slider is super close to the island in general. The other slider where the dinette and theater seats comes within about an inch of the island, but there seems to be good clearance there. The trouble maker is the kitchen slider. It comes really darned close to the island. Close enough for that one bottom wood panel of the fridge to rub against a cabinet door on the island.
    Sounds like then your island was set too much to the one side. They're screwed to the floor and not the most difficult thing to adjust, but being it's a new unit certainly qualifies for warranty repair where you can get a replacement drawer front and fridge panel insert too.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advise above. I would measure from the base of the island to the bottom of the slide and compare the distance to the other end of the base on the island to slide. If the island is not mounted square this may be your issue. The other issue may be the refer not mounted square. Both can be adjusted reasonably without taking the unit back to the dealer

We have not experienced this on our 303. Please be sure to post back once you determine the cause is.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different trailer here (311BHS) but we had the same issue. Dealer replaced the marked up fridge door under warranty, and now we just run a soft rubber backed towel between the door and island when we are towing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast