Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New RV - Priming the heater

Im just giving the other newbies a heads up! I got my 5th wheel in August, and I’m taking my first cold weather trip over Thanksgiving. I decided to make sure my heater works before I leave my driveway, and the off gassing plastic smell is brutal.
    All new heaters are like that to some degree, even new ones in our houses, but this smell would have run us out of the RV. I thank God I have a couple days to air it out before I have to live in it. If you haven’t run your heater in your new rig, I suggest you do it before you have to sleep in it.

- Conguero

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conguero View Post
    Im just giving the other newbies a heads up! I got my 5th wheel in August, and I’m taking my first cold weather trip over Thanksgiving. I decided to make sure my heater works before I leave my driveway, and the off gassing plastic smell is brutal.
    All new heaters are like that to some degree, even new ones in our houses, but this smell would have run us out of the RV. I thank God I have a couple days to air it out before I have to live in it. If you haven’t run your heater in your new rig, I suggest you do it before you have to sleep in it.

- Conguero
    Be aware, the first time you run your heater, every time it's not been used for a while, it stinks.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)