User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broken Spring on a '17 384 GKR

Hey guys , I need some ideas on where to turn. I have a '17 Solitude 384 GK with a broken spring. Dixie RV in Hammond LA claims they cannot give me an idea when they can get a replacement spring, BTW I have emailed GDRV Support, no answer there.

Do any of you guys know where suspension parts might be available? Otherwise, what options might I have?

Thanks for any help !

Bob Dosser

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Lippert directly.

Actually, springs can be bought at any good truck/trailer shop.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Call Lippert directly.

Actually, springs can be bought at any good truck/trailer shop.
    It looks like you know what you are talking about ) Seriously, getting technical information to Lippert and others is like pulling hen's teeth. Are springs unique to the rv's or are they fairly common in sizes ? In other words, can a spring with a 3 or 4000 pound rating and in the proper length be safely installed on the trailer ?

Thanks

Bob

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdosser View Post
    It looks like you know what you are talking about ) Seriously, getting technical information to Lippert and others is like pulling hen's teeth. Are springs unique to the rv's or are they fairly common in sizes ? In other words, can a spring with a 3 or 4000 pound rating and in the proper length be safely installed on the trailer ?

Thanks

Bob
    Many spring shops will custom make springs as needed. What you have isn't as exotic or model specific as you might think. They aren't expensive either. Or you could look for a large cargo/utility trailer sales/service operation as they would be able fix you up and even install it quickly. You might want to think about upgrading the weight rating I.E. 4000# to 5000# especially if the broken spring is on a more heavily weighted side.
    This place might be a good one to start with: http://www.mikegeraldstrailerdepot.c...ex.php/service
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 11-23-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdosser View Post

Thanks

Bob
    Yes, all trailer springs are pretty much the same thing. You would need to know the eye to eye length, and also the weight ratings. On something that size, don't be afraid to get the next higher rating, and replace all the springs. It will make a noticeable difference.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS