User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sun RV Resorts, Other Programs

We're planning our first retirement trip and want to do FL in January - February 2022. I know, I know ... doesn't everyone. We're not going the 1000 trails route for all the cons many have expressed. Thinking of going through the Sun RV Resorts system. We are targeting the FL keys and Naples areas, would welcome any tips on booking, discount programs (Good Sam, Passport Am), etc. Thanks!
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure exactly what SunResorts is selling, but I get a bunch of junk email from them. As I recall they are pushing sales but I am not sure what that means. And I think I saw something about there still being inventory or low prices for staying the winter if one is willing to sign up for 3 months.

Have you looked at their web site?

oh - and watch out for that word "resort".... seems to me to be a replacement for 'fish camp', 'campground', and 'mobile home trailer park' a lot more these days.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx traveldawg, appreciate the feedback
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM Traveler View Post
    We're planning our first retirement trip and want to do FL in January - February 2022. I know, I know ... doesn't everyone. We're not going the 1000 trails route for all the cons many have expressed. Thinking of going through the Sun RV Resorts system. We are targeting the FL keys and Naples areas, would welcome any tips on booking, discount programs (Good Sam, Passport Am), etc. Thanks!
    We looked into several different "resort/time share" sort of groups. We joined Thousand Trails, but canceled our member ship about 9 months in.

From what we could see they're all basically about the same.

We just book private campgrounds on our own, no groups. Although we did join Good Sam, KOA, and Passport America. PA had some decent discounts at various times of the year. KOA - sort of the "Motel 6" of RVing, but you pretty much know what you're getting when you book there. And Good Sam is helpful for campground reviews.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey livinthelife, good tips. Feels like we've viewed 1,000 videos on pros/cons of TT and other membership programs, they seem to work best for full-timers. We're probably more like 1/3 timers and enjoy a great park with all of the amenities; pool, pickleball, social activities, etc. We've stayed at Sun RV Resorts and Cal-Am Resorts before and plan to visit more in the future. We're sensitive to cost as well, just wondering if others have found they can get a bit of a discount at these or other resorts with Good Sam, PP AM, etc. Are there other multi-resort groups like Sun RV Resorts or Cal-Am to check out?
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have stayed at the Sun RV Resort in New Braunfels Texas several times. I can't speak to the others but it is a very nice place. I would expect all the others to be also. Go to their website because they are having a Black Friday Sale.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papermakermd, great tip. Checked their website, their Black Friday deals will be available for review then (27th), will check these out. Thx ...
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait for a year or two of camping before you buy into a "resort" program. I almost bit on RPI when I retired. Glad I did not.
    You have to usually go to certain resorts and that might not be where you want to go. When we first started we had places we wanted to see
    and I tracked to see if there were approved parks where we went and usually there were not any. Here is a link: https://www.technomadia.com/rvclubs/
    It is a little dated, but helped me.
    I use campground review and passport America, am a Escapee member, they have some good info and discounts on parks.
    Just take your time and talk to other campers at campgrounds you like, and see what groups they belong to and how they do it.
    Seth and Becca
    2016 RAM Longhorn 3500 DRW "Brown Beast"
    2017 Momentum 376TH "Tajmahauler"
    2007 Road King "The Girlfriend"

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...psdelejw5x.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea on their Florida resorts but I do know there’s quite a few of them down there. We’re doing our PDI this Saturday morning then having our 2021 310GK-R delivered to Carolina Pines which is the only Sun RV resort in SC. We stayed there a few weeks ago and it’s top shelf on every level and are taking advantage of their 3 month special for the winter.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainFolk View Post
    Wait for a year or two of camping before you buy into a "resort" program. I almost bit on RPI when I retired. Glad I did not.
    You have to usually go to certain resorts and that might not be where you want to go. When we first started we had places we wanted to see
    and I tracked to see if there were approved parks where we went and usually there were not any. Here is a link: https://www.technomadia.com/rvclubs/
    It is a little dated, but helped me.
    I use campground review and passport America, am a Escapee member, they have some good info and discounts on parks.
    Just take your time and talk to other campers at campgrounds you like, and see what groups they belong to and how they do it.
    Exactly this. When we were newbies we were invited to a "resort" come check us out. The person running it took one look at us when we walked in and asked how long we'd owned our rig. We said, 3 months, he said "You don't know what you want yet". Come back in a year, if you're still interested" But he still gave us the free gifts for coming to the talk.

Good guy.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast