User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Travel options

We travel KOA, Elks, then Good Sam. Elks are 20-30 per night and the people are great!
    Enjoy!!!
    Not all that wander are lost!! (Thank you Waze!!)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey SF-SGM, appreciate the follow-up. Not retired military, a regret of mine. Looks like there are very nice RV park facilities on-base throughout the U.S. Thanks and welcome home.
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Sharon, great tip. We're going to join our local Elks lodge for the fellowship and opportunity to overnight on our travels.
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic post fez111, after a lot of web-surfing and calls to parks we've found the same rate structure going north to south. Sorry to hear there's been some issues with your park. We've found that with the dramatic increase in RV'ers corporate and independent park owners are taking advantage of the demand with higher rates and not working with legacy customers. Safe travels!
    Dave & Sherri
    2020 Imagine 2250RK
    2014 F-150 Eco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have stayed at two Sun resorts. One in Casa Grande Arizona, Palm Creek and a new one in Grandby, Colorardo. River Run that was originally scheduled for a Grand Design rally. Both are glamping. They have nice sites and many amenities. Both offer park models at a decent price but the monthly maintenance fees are around $800. A month. The RV sites can be pricey but they can offer deals & monthly rates. They are huge resorts & very nice. You do not need to join anything.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM Traveler View Post
    We're planning our first retirement trip and want to do FL in January - February 2022. I know, I know ... doesn't everyone. We're not going the 1000 trails route for all the cons many have expressed. Thinking of going through the Sun RV Resorts system. We are targeting the FL keys and Naples areas, would welcome any tips on booking, discount programs (Good Sam, Passport Am), etc. Thanks!
    Been full time 1 year now. I've stayed at a couple Sun Resorts. Quality wise both parks "above average". Sun Resort price wise is on the high end unless you can catch "special deals". I had the basic Thousand Trails package this year and just cancelled it, no renewal next year. I barely used it because they were not where I wanted to go. I like KOA (get the membership 10% discount and build points). Passport America I have yet to use. Good Sam's I've used a few times. I find my RV spots first via Google when I'm looking at a geo area. I read the reviews first, then I look at the Google sat. pics of the park and area. I look at the local RV Park websites for pricing, special deals etc. So far this has served me very well over the last year. You can usually save a bundle on week, multi week or monthly stays.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have been members of a small RV member park called Sound Pacific. They have 3 parks. 1 is 110 miles from out stick house at the Oregon Coast called Neskowin. Another is 120 in the other direction in Central Oregon called Cascade Meadows. The 3 rd park is in Washington at the Canadian border. We have not been there.
    Membership gets us in for 2 weeks for no fee and then out for a week. It also gets us into the RPI group. At RPI parks we stay for $10. If We pay the dues, we can go to the ROD parks for free. ROD and RPI parks are all across the nation. If it is in the right place, we will be using them when we travel full time starting in 2022.
    This year we used our "home parks" for 18 weeks. We will be there the day after Christmas thru New Years for the 5th year in a row.

The membership was a big expense, but we use it. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123