User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issue with Curbside Slide...

We have a 2018 Momentum 394M that has hydraulic slides for the living room/kitchen area. Over the last couple of months, when the curbside slide starts in, the bottom part of the slide starts travelling before the top part of the slide and in effect, it "cocks" the slide in the opening. I'm not referring to cocking the slide as a left to right thing, I'm talking about top to bottom of the slide. We did remove the original Thomas Payne sofa from the slide, but we replaced it with one that is very similar in weight.

As far as when I try to run the slide in, the trailer is sitting level both front to back and side to side. So when I try to run the slide in, I sometimes stop it after it has travelled 8-10" and then try to pull on the upper end of the slide on both ends. Sometimes it seems to help and sometimes not. I have also stopped it, run it back out completely and tried it again..........also with mixed results.

Anyone got any suggestions/ideas on where to go from here?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    ... when the curbside slide starts in, the bottom part of the slide starts travelling before the top part of the slide and in effect, it "cocks" the slide in the opening. ...

Anyone got any suggestions/ideas on where to go from here?
    Ours started doing that during our first year of ownership -- while still under warranty. Took it back to the dealer to be fixed along with other 1st year issues.

Don't know what they adjusted, but they did perform a slideout adjustment that resulted in less rocking and rolling. There's still noticeable rocking, but the slideout doesn't bind anymore -- yet.

So the takeaway is, the slideout can be adjusted to correct the very problem you're having. Good luck.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Ours started doing that during our first year of ownership -- while still under warranty. Took it back to the dealer to be fixed along with other 1st year issues.

Don't know what they adjusted, but they did perform a slideout adjustment that resulted in less rocking and rolling. There's still noticeable rocking, but the slideout doesn't bind anymore -- yet.

So the takeaway is, the slideout can be adjusted to correct the very problem you're having. Good luck.

-Steve
    Thanks Steve....and hopefully some others can post up with more comments too. I suspect that it is an adjustment at the end of the hydraulic cylinder(s) where the threaded rods are and the nuts that are on both sides of the metal "clip" angle that is welded onto the bottom of the actual slide.......but I'm not sure whether to lessen that slack in takeup, or add additional slack in the takeup.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your on the right track. Mine rocked, but did not bind from the day I bought it. After having a leaky hyd. cylinder replaced, most of the rocking was adjusted out of it. The local repair facility (a mom & pop) had called GD & discussed adjustments with them.
    Maybe a call to GD will give you some answers.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I think your on the right track. Mine rocked, but did not bind from the day I bought it. After having a leaky hyd. cylinder replaced, most of the rocking was adjusted out of it. The local repair facility (a mom & pop) had called GD & discussed adjustments with them.
    Maybe a call to GD will give you some answers.
    Thank you for the input on this. That a good idea to call G.D. on the issue and get some advice from a tech.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think some of it is normal as long as the slide doesn't bind or act too crazy. Mine has the big hydraulic slides for kitchen and dining as well and they've done this since new. The bottom of the slides will move first before the top starts moving and basically "catches up" It's just a small difference but you do notice it. It would probably be good to have your dealer check it and I would try a couple of similar trailers on his lot and see how they act. You may have nothing to worry about.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff