User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried my anti-gravity jumper, that didn't do anything.
    2022 Silverado Duramax/Allison 2500 HD
    2018 Momentum 328
    2018 Polaris RZR
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 500

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freewayrandy View Post
    I do have a load tester. Voltage showed 13+ volts then when load applied dropped to 12 volts. Don't have enough ears around yet to listen to the pump to see where the clicking is coming from. Might try a battery jumper.
    Twelve volts output from the battery under load should be enough power, so as suggested above you're looking for trouble between the battery post and the hydraulic pump, or in the pump itself.

When you find someone to operate your switch for you while you're folded into the front compartment...

... start with the connections on the hydraulic pump. Is there 12V power there? Work back through the wires from there to the battery. All connections - including ground connections near the battery and the pump - need to be clean and tight.

Test the breaker while the slide switch is depressed; should be full power getting through it. Your breaker may look similar to this:

https://www.wiringproducts.com/50-am...ght-angle.html

That's the sort of cheap 50-amp breaker that GD was using. I believe they're now using something similar to this:

https://www.wiringproducts.com/80-am...t-breaker.html

... and many owners have upgraded that part. (The one above offers manual reset - there are auto-reset devices similar to that one.)

If you've got power all the way through, fluid in the hydraulic reservoir, and the pump is trying to activate then you need someone more expert than I am to confirm that your pump is the problem.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 11-24-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have enough ears around yet to listen to the pump to see where the clicking is coming from.
    Not to try and add to you stress but "Grand Design Compass Connect" by Lippert Components is a phone app that may work with your RV control panel. Depending on your phone it can be a bit tricky to install, but once it's working you can stand outside your RV and control things from your phone. Pretty sure it will work with a 2018 Momentum.

There is also a manual overide method should your pump fail completely, page 17 of this document describes the procedure. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001617.pdf

Otherwise Boyscouts advice is spot on.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for all your support. I have a mobile rv repair guy coming Monday to figure this problem out. Hopefully it may only be the relay. I will ask him about the one that boyscout recommended.
    2022 Silverado Duramax/Allison 2500 HD
    2018 Momentum 328
    2018 Polaris RZR
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 500

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for all your support. I have a mobile rv repair guy coming Monday to figure this problem out. Hopefully it may only be the relay. I will ask him about the one that boyscout recommended.
    You can buy another relay for about $15. I'd try that before I spent the money on a mobile tech.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    ...A common problem for a while was that GD was using a 50-amp auto-reset breaker when they should have been installing an 80-amp auto-reset breaker...
    Having had this exact same problem I replaced my 50 amp breaker, but I am compelled to ask... How cold was it when this clicking happens? I didn't even know I had a problem until I tried to run the slides and raise/lower the hydraulic jacks when it was 20 degrees outside! ...Click Click!

I also have a 40 x 12 foot hydraulic door in our pole barn. I know for a fact that my barn door has, and I'm reasonably sure that my hydraulic jacks have, "restrictive check valves" that keep the weight of the doors/jacks from crashing to the ground in the event of a blown hose. Overcoming this "restriction" with cold, thicker, hydraulic fluid is what puts the greater load on the pump. I found that it seems to take more energy to raise the cold, unloaded jacks than it does to raise the front of our Solitude. The barn door take a little longer to lower than raise in the winter time. Just make sure you have the 80 amp breaker.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12