Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Sterling Heights, Michigan/Long Key, Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 297RSTS AC

We just ordered a new 2021 Reflection 297RSTS. We ordered it because we wanted the booth dinette for an extra sleeping space. This unit only comes with one AC but is wired for an AC in the bedroom, we did not order it, but are wondering if we should have. I have two questions for current 297RSTS owners, 1)is the AC loud and 2)if you don't have it in your bedroom, do you wish you did?
    TYIA

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsha Boylan View Post
    We just ordered a new 2021 Reflection 297RSTS. We ordered it because we wanted the booth dinette for an extra sleeping space. This unit only comes with one AC but is wired for an AC in the bedroom, we did not order it, but are wondering if we should have. I have two questions for current 297RSTS owners, 1)is the AC loud and 2)if you don't have it in your bedroom, do you wish you did?
    TYIA
    We only have the one AC in our 297RSTS. My wife does not like it too cold so with the one AC that we have we don't really have a need for the second one. So no regrets there. We have the Dometic AC and it is loud but since it is in the living room/kitchen area it is not an issue. It gets very humid here in southern Ontario and the single AC has done fine for us here as well as in Myrtle Beach in the fall and Florida in the fall/spring as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my 2021 has a Coleman and it is quiet. we have a request in for the second, 13500 BTU, for the bedroom, but Coleman is out of stock, way behind in their factory.
    Highdesert
    Reflection 297RSTS 2021 - Chevrolet K2500 Duramax LBZ 2007
    https://www.epgsoft.com/visited-stat...100&format=png

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 with one air conditioner and have not run into a case where we wish we had another. We don't camp much in the summer but have travelled all over the Southwest and South during the winter months. You would probably use both rarely.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the 297, I have the 315rlts with the 2 Coleman ac units. They are quiet, but we feel it needs the two, but that is completely subjective.

With that said. I have heard that new builds coming from GD have Furrion AC's. Not sure of the long term performance or longevity of the Furrion 's. You might want to inquire.

Congrats and good luck on your new trailer!
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS