Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 376THS Weight Compared Side to Side

Hello Forum Members,
    We are considering purchase of the 376THS. While reviewing the floorplan layout its noticeable that the curb side of the RV contains more items than the roadside. For example, 3 of the 5 slides, refrigerator, stove, living room couch, pantry/washer/dryer closet, and the 5.5 KW generator. I'm curious if there is a signficant side to side empty weight difference on the rear axles as a result, and if so, should there be a concern of long term wear and tear on tires and suspension or handling while under tow. Of course that is just the empty weight aspects. Once the pantry, fridge and kitchen is loaded with personal items, it will only be heavier and with a potentially greater difference.

Thoughts/feedback? Thanks in advance.
    Curt and Dee Meyerhoff
    Leonardtown, MD
    2021 Momentum 376THS
    2021 F-450

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much every unit made currently has a bias. Our Solitude is 780# heavier road side. It certainly does have an impact on the suspension, and you will find different solutions varying from helper springs (Sumo), to folks running slightly higher capacity springs on one side, to those installing higher capacity springs at all locations, to folks installing higher capacity axles and springs or full-on MORryde Independent Suspension.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C&D Meyerhoff View Post
    I'm curious if there is a signficant side to side empty weight difference on the rear axles as a result, and if so, should there be a concern of long term wear and tear on tires and suspension or handling while under tow.
    Thoughts/feedback? Thanks in advance.
    I know your concern. There have been other models with significant side weight issues. My 2017 Momentum 376TH has not demonstrated enough issue for me to get individual wheel weight. I had another brand for a while, and I had issues on one side. It wasn't until I got individual wheel weight done that I discovered the problem. So I understand your concern.

But in the 2.5 years and thousands of miles this issue has not come up, I would definitely recognize it if it had.

I have not read any reports from other 376 owners indicating a problem with the model. I follow 2 forums and 3 facebook accounts. Nada...
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2018 374TH-R Solitude is between 900 and a 1000 lbs heavier on the driver's side. I am now moving some heavier things to the other side if possible. I positioned the motorcycle almost 6" off center to the right to move a bit of the weight to the right also.

We are trying to stay way under max, as we slowly get ready to go full time. If we really don't need it, it's being sold at garage sales... KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I too have canvased available media and found no reports of issues directly attributed to the difference. Ironically, I recall an early Momentum model where the generator was placed inn the center of the front compartment and the salesman stated it was for better lateral balance. I guess now the design engineering is no longer concerned. Does the RV sit level when being towed?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 376TH......and like D2Reid we have well over 10,000 miles on our unit. Yes there is a bias towards the drivers side.....and we do try to offset to some degree by loading as much as we can on the passenger side. That being said, it's been from a preventative perspective, as we've not noticed any specific issues related to the weight bias.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C&D Meyerhoff View Post
    Does the RV sit level when being towed?
    Of course it sits level.
    All the TH models have a huge frame and most have 6 HD tires on the ground.

Using the knowledge that the driver's side is heavy and not making it worse is the ticket. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 Weight Sheet Factory.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	30853

Here is the factory weight sheet from my 2017 376. I have offset some weight but have not had any problems.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73