User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Am I correct in assuming Fatwood and Pine lighter is the same thing?
    My pine lighter is the heart of a pine tree after the bark and soft wood rot away.
    I keep all I can find for starting outdoor fires for burning all the trees blown down by recent storms.
    Bob A.

Yes that is Fatwood - just a different name.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a box of "fatwood" that I bought off of Amazon, works great for starting fires. In this case I'm sure it's just regular pine freeze dried and impregnated with something like paraffin.

I'm in a great place for buying firewood. Even tamarack, which IMO is the best firewood out there, is easy to get. But I still don't tend to travel with it unless very local. Buying wood it's either really light or punky stuff that burns quickly, or still green. I've found a good compromise in buying construction wood scraps, pretty cheap off of FB marketplace or craigslist. No transportation restrictions on that. I've had good luck with roadside stands usually found within a few miles of popular camping spots since you can see what you're getting, have the option to walk away, and it's more likely to be run by someone who cares about a good product.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234