Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with furnace temp regulation

2021 Imagine 2400BH
    Furrion Single Zone Thermostat

When I set the heat desired temperature, the furnace never turns off. I have the fan speed set to off. When I set the fan speed to auto, my fan on th AC unit runs with the furnace. In this instance it does cycle on and off but I should not have to run the fan in order to run my furnace. Any ideas?

Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My furnace won't run without the fan. I suspect any gas furnace would overheat without the fan running.

The furnace and AC at the same time should be impossible. If that's truly what's happening you need a RV tech!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2071 View Post
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    Furrion Single Zone Thermostat

When I set the heat desired temperature, the furnace never turns off. I have the fan speed set to off. When I set the fan speed to auto, my fan on th AC unit runs with the furnace. In this instance it does cycle on and off but I should not have to run the fan in order to run my furnace. Any ideas?

Thanks
    My 2021 2600RB does the same thing.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking it is just the AC fan running to move air. Not the AC actually running. To distribute the heat?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I'm thinking it is just the AC fan running to move air. Not the AC actually running. To distribute the heat?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that is the case. It took me a while to figure it out, but it's just the A/C fan running.
    On another note, I'm curious as to how it will act when I'm boondocking with no shore power.
    Last edited by AZMike; 11-28-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The furnace should work without the AC fan running. All furnaces have their own fan which is 12 volt. If it did not have a fan it would overheat. 12 volt lets the furnace work without hooking up to shore power.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same set up on my 2021 Transcend 265bh. When you turn you heat on set the fan speed to off. That's what I had to do the make the AC fan not come on an my heater works just fine with out the AC fan running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 2021 Imagine 2800BH and noticed the same issue. It has the Furion thermostat installed, and when in Heat mode, it gives you the option to set the Fan at Auto, Low, High, or No Fan. If set at Auto, it seems to cycle on and off as the furnace turns on and off, but it blows some cool air from the AC vents on ceiling, so the trailer feels 'cooler' than we would like. If the fan is set to Off with Heat, the trailer gets extremely warm and noticed that the temperature is way above the thermostat setting - it doesnt seem to shut off similar to what Brad2071 reported. So am i supposed to have the Fan on Auto and NOT on Off? It seems odd to have No Fan mode in heat if you must have Fan on Auto for the temperature control to actually work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone resolved this issue ? I also have a 2021 Imagine 2800BH that exhibits the same issue. The temperature is not recognized at the thermostat unless the fan in the A/C is running. Now this morning we woke up to a 50 degree trailer where it completely would not turn the furnace on at all. I had to turn the thermostat off / then back on again for it to start the furnace.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Heritage Glynn that did this, I did not like the AC fans running with the heat so I turned the AC breaker off when using heat. I later replaced the thermostat with one that had zwave control ( home type), The problem went away when I removed the old thermostat and control box from the AC.
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S Class 3540 GK-R
    2021 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.7 LWB F350
    Curt A 20 Hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast