Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What % off MSRP

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What % off MSRP

What % off MSRP is reasonable for a 2021 351M? Will this change with region? Time of year? Should I wait a few months until inventory is higher? Main reason for a new purchase instead of used is I would like a residential fridge and upgrade to 8K axle with disc brakes.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless the market has slowed down, I think you'll be lucky to get any kind of a good deal. I bought mine back in September from a large dealer outside of Dallas and it was very hard to negotiate anything that I thought was a good deal. They had almost no new inventory and even their used units were scarce. However, I was able to negotiate a decent trade in value on my 2018 Cougar and was able to get them to cover TTL but that was as good as I could negotiate. My 340RDS listed at $65K and from my previous experiences negotiating a deal on a new RV I think I could have gotten the price down to around $50K-52K. Unfortunately this was the only unit at the time I could find in Texas and we loved the floorplan. I would have preferred to wait for the market to slow down to save money but after the walkthrough my wife wasn't leaving without it!
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 340RDS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW Limited

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function on the forum, you'll find there have been many threads on this topic lately. With the pandemic and supply chain issues (components like ACs, etc.), all bets are off on getting the 30% below MSRP that we used to expect...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ditto on what Rob said. It is a seller's (dealers) market. My dealer, that always had hundreds of new, ready to go RV models on his lot, is totally empty these days. Every unit he gets in is either for an existing customer, or gets sold within a couple of days. And this at the normally slowest time of the year here in the frozen north.
    I'm pretty sure I could make a very, very significant profit on my 3 yr old RV, and the buyer would think he got a heck of a deal. Of course, I couldn't afford to replace it.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To support what others have said here’s a quick read from RVIA.org showing sales projections for 2021; it’s a sellers (dealers) market.

https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/s...d-through-2021

PS - you might try using rvtrader.com They have a nice advanced search feature to allow you to search from your zip code outward as far as you want. You might find a dealer willing to deal but you have to travel.
    Last edited by Tigger1; 11-24-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    23% off is what I got....though MSRP and delivery probably went up since Covid. 30% was my goal, but I decided to pay and play.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got 25% off on our 31G we ordered on 9/14/20. Felt pretty good about that price at the time. Feel even better about it now.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that discounts are not as good as they have been in the past. I am just finishing negotiations with four Grand Design Oregon dealers for a 2021 303RLS. MSRP of the 303 is $63,700 with options of freestanding table/chairs and second A/C unit. The lowest price I received was $52,059 and the highest was $57,635. I'm currently placing an order with Roberson RV in Salem, OR at $52,059, so 18% off MSRP is the best I could do. Delivery in 3 to 4 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered our Momentum 320G beginning of August. The MSRP at the time was $86,000. We got 25% of MSRP. We picked up our new unit this week and looks like the MSRP went up to $93,000 on the unit according to the paper work at the dealer.
    Parts and equipment scarce, material price up, demand up - supply low. RV buyers have less leverage for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If you use the search function on the forum, you'll find there have been many threads on this topic lately. With the pandemic and supply chain issues (components like ACs, etc.), all bets are off on getting the 30% below MSRP that we used to expect...

Rob
    Yep...we actually got 27% off of list with our deal (and 7K trade for an 11 year old popup where I originally paid 13+K). This was in March/April of 2019.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast