User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection Heater

We just purchased a 2016 GD Reflection TT, and we love it! However, there seems to be an issue with the heater. At first, we noticed there are 2 drawers that were getting very hot. Apparently, the heater lives behind the 2 drawers. My husband took out a drawer and it looks like there is a metal box that surrounds the heater. One of the panels on the box is loose but there is no way to tighten it up. Maybe the heat is escaping through the edges of the loose panel? That was issue number one. Issue number two is that the heater is on and working, but nothing is coming out of the vents. Perhaps ducting issues?

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions (other than the obvious...to have a repair person come out)? Thank you!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttio View Post
    We just purchased a 2016 GD Reflection TT, and we love it! However, there seems to be an issue with the heater. At first, we noticed there are 2 drawers that were getting very hot. Apparently, the heater lives behind the 2 drawers. My husband took out a drawer and it looks like there is a metal box that surrounds the heater. One of the panels on the box is loose but there is no way to tighten it up. Maybe the heat is escaping through the edges of the loose panel? That was issue number one. Issue number two is that the heater is on and working, but nothing is coming out of the vents. Perhaps ducting issues?

Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions (other than the obvious...to have a repair person come out)? Thank you!
    The furnace on our Reflection is in the basement, street side. Basically below and behind the hutch. The drawers on the hutch get very hot. It has to do with lack of insulation between the ductwork and the hutch (since it's not a freestanding furniture piece). The back of the hutch is open to the interior of the wall.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you done anything to try to insulate the drawers, or do you just not use them?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttio View Post
    Have you done anything to try to insulate the drawers, or do you just not use them?
    No, we haven't tried to insulate. The drawers in question only hold plates, tablecloths, silverware, grocery bags, clothesline/pins, and other stuff it doesn't really matter it gets hot.

I know others have put some insulating panels behind there, though. Maybe they'll see your thread and respond.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dig around and find the ductwork. It routinely gets shaken off during travel which can result in all of the heat being dumped near the furnace. If the cover is loose, it could certainly have a similar effect.

I don’t know for sure when GD went to an external furnace access hatch, but some models have them. Without knowing which trailer you have, I can’t tell you where the best furnace access might be.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had that issue in our Imagine 2970 RL, our furnace is behind the hutch as well. I took both drawers out to have a look and I found plenty of places where heated air is leaking out. I got some aluminized duct tape, the stuff the HVAC guy wraps around your duct work in your house and started patching up the air leaks, at least the ones I could get to.
    It didn't totally alleviate the problem but it did make it better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the same as TyeeMan. Plus, we always leave the two drawers open a tad when using the furnace.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT