User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bigger but more effective

I travel throughout the US and Canada. Some places are great for low humidity but south Texas can be a pain. I found that the smaller units listed in the above thread are pre-set to get to a certain percentage then just maintain. I found that getting a larger unit has its benefits. I can set it to 25% (rarely make it to that level) which will keep the unit attempting to pull as much humidity out of the RV. The larger capacity helps as I have emptied the hopper at 0500 and arrived at 1900 to it completely filled in high humidity areas. So this means a smaller unit with 1/4 the capacity would tap out around 10-11am. I love having the adaptable hose as well. I have left my trailer plugged in at a site for a week when I needed to travel. Having it drain directly into the sink gave me piece of mind that my RV wasn't going to be a soggy mess.

Size wise. I can fit this unit perfectly under the free standing chairs at my table. I place a kitchen towel under it and wrap the other end around the chair cross member to prevent the possibility of it bumping/scratching the kitchen island during drives.

Might be overkill but gives me piece of mind that I know exactly the humidity level and that its working hard to drop it.

Another option I am looking to upgrade is the fan in the bathroom. The "computer" fan feels like it pulls in more air than venting outside. I am looking at replacing this fan with a max air to suck anything out quickly before it gets to accumulate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Pam & Ed,

Thanks for that explanation. I was confusing a ventless propane heater rather than a heater where combustion exhaust is outside.

Our visible condensation occurs in our RV in cool and rainy weather. It’s noticeable on slide out walls in the bedroom so I assume (there I go again) it’s from the humidity of human exhaled breath.

Our Danby dehumidifier is doing its job the last few weeks keeping my shed dry at our cabin in the cooler and sometimes rainy weather. I’ve got it set for 40% RH. I’ll be bringing the RV to the cabin lot tomorrow and I’ll probably use the dehumidifier if needed to keep the RV RH down. Right now outside it’s 68 deg and 77% RH.

Last edited by suitcaseisfull; 12-03-2020 at 07:42 AM.
    Andrew
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
    18k Demco Autoslide Hitch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a propane heater in my shop/garage. The extra moisture feels good when the relative humidity is low in PA. As stated above, the furnace should not produce any interior moisture, due to being sealed and vented outside.
    Last edited by Richter; 12-03-2020 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Speelchick sucks
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, where you will get your moisture in your RV is ambient outside entering, creating humidity by cooking, showering ect. and exhaling. I dont know how much the buddy heaters that run on propane that are open cycle units put out.
    Andrew
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
    18k Demco Autoslide Hitch.

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run a 20-pint in a Solitude 310GK-R and set the dehumidifier at 50%. It won't get the air too dry because of the setting and pulls out moisture when the relative humidity inside the rig gets above 55%. BTW - the RH range for hospitals, including operating rooms, is 40 - 60%. Of course, in the summer, the ACs are nothing but giant dehumidifiers.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these to monitor the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...rch_asin_title
    I have this dehumidifier but have yet to use it. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...rch_asin_title

Using an electric heater to keep the inside temperature above 60 degrees so far has worked to keep the inside humidity below 45% which is why we haven't used the dehumidifier. There has been a little condensation on the a couple of the windows in the corners when we wake up but none on any other surfaces. Is there any generally recognized indoor humidity level that should not be exceeded? Maybe 45% is to high and I should be using my dehumidifier.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I have one of these to monitor the indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...rch_asin_title
    I have this dehumidifier but have yet to use it. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...rch_asin_title

Using an electric heater to keep the inside temperature above 60 degrees so far has worked to keep the inside humidity below 45% which is why we haven't used the dehumidifier. There has been a little condensation on the a couple of the windows in the corners when we wake up but none on any other surfaces. Is there any generally recognized indoor humidity level that should not be exceeded? Maybe 45% is to high and I should be using my dehumidifier.
    A question and a comment: 1) are you mentioning using an electric heater because you think the main propane furnace contributes to increased humidity inside the RV?, and 2) The standard for hospitals is 40 - 60% relative humidity - there is no reason to keep humidity below 45%. In fact, some folks can have issues with low humidity.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    A question and a comment: 1) are you mentioning using an electric heater because you think the main propane furnace contributes to increased humidity inside the RV?, and 2) The standard for hospitals is 40 - 60% relative humidity - there is no reason to keep humidity below 45%. In fact, some folks can have issues with low humidity.

Rob
    I use the electric heater because it's quieter and I don't use my propane. I use the dehumidifier because my wife is afraid of mold forming on interior surfaces.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12