User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    I don't have an old hose I can cut. Can I use the same hose I use to go from the city line?
    WE simply got a male hose repair connector and 2 feet of clear tubing. I have two: one I use for winterizing and one to draw water when I am at a site and need to add water but don’t have a water hookup so can simply pull water from water containers.
    Kevin and Deb. 50ST8R
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 Diesel Platinum Edition

[/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I do this as well but I use pool chlorine granuals. Based on the % chlorine in the granuals I measure out the amount put it into the hose and fill the tank. I have verified the strength this wasy with a pool test kit the first couple of times to make sure I had it correct.

Rob
    I would think you would want to be sure and use 99.9% chlorine granules so it all dissolves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    That is essentially correct. Use a short section of hose (I cut a 3' section of old hose to winterize and use this) to siphon the solution into the tank. I then hook up the fresh water hose to the tap at the house and fill the tank. I then run water using the pump through all of the fixtures in the trailer to get the entire system sanitized.

Rob
    You can bypass the water heater by turning the red handle to the winterize position.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanerC View Post
    I would think you would want to be sure and use 99.9% chlorine granules so it all dissolves.
    Not sure if we can buy that strength in Canada. The ones that I can buy for the pool here are usually 62 - 65% available Chlorine.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    You can bypass the water heater by turning the red handle to the winterize position.
    That is correct. I have used some schematics that were posted here some time ago to understand which handle does what. Thanks for the info as well.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    You can pour your cup of bleach into your water hose, then attach and fill your tank the usual way.
    NO NO NO! The bleach must be diluted in the ratio in the instructions before introducing to the water tank. Bleach alone is quite corrosive in the strength (5%) straight from the bottle, and can damage plumbing components, seals, and plastic on its way to the tank. Then that small amount won't disperse very well to the rest of the tank, and if it ends up in higher concentration around your level sensors, could damage them as well.

These are the instructions for solution preparation from my M349. The resulting dilution is safe for components for the time before adding the remaining water to fill the tanks (my addition between []):
    • Prepare a chlorine solution using one (1) gallon of
    water and one-quarter (1/4) cup of [regular, not "splashless"] household bleach
    (5% Sodium Hypochlorite solution).
    • Prepare approximately one (1) gallon of solution for
    every fifteen (15) gallons of holding tank capacity
    You might use a 5-gallon white food-grade bucket, fill with 4 gallons water and 1 cup of bleach, and stir well. This would do your 60-gallon tank all in one shot.
    Last edited by Skifishnsurf; 12-04-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: giving reason for diluting bleach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12