User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sanitizing fresh water tank

We have the Nautilus P1 control system in our 2017 Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel. It has a 60 gallon tank, if that matters. I have looked at the manual for the P1 system and I think it's missing a step. It gives instructions for using the fresh water hose to siphon the sanitizing solution (bleach) from a bucket. It then says to fill up the tank. Does that mean that I take the end of the hose I have been siphoning from in the bucket and reattaching it to the spigot (city water) to fill it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    We have the Nautilus P1 control system in our 2017 Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel. It has a 60 gallon tank, if that matters. I have looked at the manual for the P1 system and I think it's missing a step. It gives instructions for using the fresh water hose to siphon the sanitizing solution (bleach) from a bucket. It then says to fill up the tank. Does that mean that I take the end of the hose I have been siphoning from in the bucket and reattaching it to the spigot (city water) to fill it?
    That is essentially correct. Use a short section of hose (I cut a 3' section of old hose to winterize and use this) to siphon the solution into the tank. I then hook up the fresh water hose to the tap at the house and fill the tank. I then run water using the pump through all of the fixtures in the trailer to get the entire system sanitized.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I then run water using the pump through all of the fixtures in the trailer to get the entire system sanitized.

Rob
    And then how long do you leave it in the lines to sanitize? Overnight? Couple hours?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an old hose I can cut. Can I use the same hose I use to go from the city line?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure you can
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivipic View Post
    I don't have an old hose I can cut. Can I use the same hose I use to go from the city line?
    If you are talking about your regular supply hose (25' or 50'), you could but the pump probably will not have a enough suction to pull the sanitizing solution that far. A short hose and keeping the bucket up high (I sit mine in the pass through compartment) would work the best. This applies to both sanitizing and winterizing (syphoning anti-freeze) if applicable.

Chris

PS A 4' hookup hose (this is what I use) is only $6.29 at Camping World. Lots of places to buy one.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    And then how long do you leave it in the lines to sanitize? Overnight? Couple hours?
    I leave it sit for about 6 hours and then drain and rinse. If I use a stronger solution of sanitizer I can leave it sit for less time. If you do a search on the internet it will tell you how long for the strength of the solution.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can pour your cup of bleach into your water hose, then attach and fill your tank the usual way.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    You can pour your cup of bleach into your water hose, then attach and fill your tank the usual way.
    I do this as well but I use pool chlorine granuals. Based on the % chlorine in the granuals I measure out the amount put it into the hose and fill the tank. I have verified the strength this wasy with a pool test kit the first couple of times to make sure I had it correct.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you everyone!

Thank you all! Your responses really helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    That is essentially correct. Use a short section of hose (I cut a 3' section of old hose to winterize and use this) to siphon the solution into the tank. I then hook up the fresh water hose to the tap at the house and fill the tank. I then run water using the pump through all of the fixtures in the trailer to get the entire system sanitized.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast