User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to talk to someone who has recently ordered or call GD as far as what tires you get. When I ordered, GD still offered Goodyear G614s as an upgrade, so I went with those.

Not too sure on the backup camera either. Mine has the mount and wire for one, but I didnt really see the need for one. There were probably a few times it would have come in handy, but I either have a spotter with me or i just get out and look if I'm not 100% sure what is behind me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragod1345 View Post
    Hello all! My wife, 2 boys and I are currently going through the process of downsizing and going from a house to full time in an RV. We recently bought our tow vehicle and we are pretty sure we are settled on the new 395MS. Our plan is to order it in January to hopefully move out of the house late summer. We are planning on converting the garage into a kids room with bunk bed/desk/drawer combinations for each. We have 2 large dogs, and were really looking hard at the 399TH for the extra porch, but we feel like the living room layout on the 395MS is much more homey and usable. She and I are planning on working travel assignments all over, so we will be homeschooling and putting lots of miles on the rig.

If anyone has advice on customizing a toy hauler for families, or any other good info, we would appreciate it! Also, does anyone feel strongly about the side porch on the 399TH? We really love the idea of it...

Cheers

Josh and Sue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have a new 2020 395, we bought the model for the same reason (The living room layout) we looked at many units and wanted a 5th that would sit as many as it would sleep, a fixed dinette so there was no screwing around removing tables and a full size garage. We have a Harley and a golf cart. The only thing GD could have done better is add a storage cabinet that you can reach. The rig has been great the generator keeps up with the HVAC and needs when needed. Tows great and still on the lower side of weight for a triple axle unit. Not crazy about the Kitchen layout on the 2021, Pantry seems like a difficult place for use vs. the 2020. We will be adding a Kayak system on the back door in the spring. We tow with a 2020 SRW Chevy 3500 diesel. I also chose to go with the pullrite 2600 setup. at the time they did not have a slide hitch for it. If you have a dually its not an issue.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! I'm also trying to figure out what the best 5th wheel hitch is for the ram puck system. I don't need a slider as I have the dually 8' bed. Do you have any thoughts about the full body paint? 12k seems to pay for a lot of maintenance on the gel coat...

Josh Ward
    2022 Momentum 395 MS-R, 8k axles
    2020 Ram 3500 4 door, DRW, 4wd, diesel, 4:10, Airlift bags, Reese 27k hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Paragod1345, Congratulations and good luck on your planned adventure1
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragod1345 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'm also trying to figure out what the best 5th wheel hitch is for the ram puck system. I don't need a slider as I have the dually 8' bed. Do you have any thoughts about the full body paint? 12k seems to pay for a lot of maintenance on the gel coat...

Full body paint looks great, I do not see any advantage to maintenance other than they. Are easier to wax. I do not have full body paint but I did add the body conditioning option which is warranted for quite some some and it does work. I wash my trailer RV a good UV resistant soap and it looks like new everytime. No fade starting. I did beat the heck out of the dealer on the cost also. It cost me 10% of that. I love my Pullrite 2600, It is anchored to the goose ball in your puck system and the hitch weighs 80#. It converts your pin box to a goose ball, You can hitch up to this thing at any angle and tows like a dream. The only thing I may change in the future when I retire and am using the trailer for full time is going to the dually.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200607_145158 (2).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	30986
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200812_194318.jpg   20200504_084132.jpg  

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    Full body paint looks great, I do not see any advantage to maintenance...
    One advantage is there are no stickers to fade, crack and peel. Just a matter of time...
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    One advantage is there are no stickers to fade, crack and peel. Just a matter of time...
    Thanks for the info! I've heard that from several people. I'm trying to weigh that against the 5 year warranty on surface and stickers from GD +/- getting the ceramic coating done. Also, I was wondering if painting it down the road when the gel coat and stickers start to age would be as expensive as the factory paint. Just trying to figure out the most cost effective route for the long run.

Josh Ward

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family of 4 going to full time- 395MS-R

Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    Full body paint looks great, I do not see any advantage to maintenance other than they. Are easier to wax. I do not have full body paint but I did add the body conditioning option which is warranted for quite some some and it does work. I wash my trailer RV a good UV resistant soap and it looks like new everytime. No fade starting. I did beat the heck out of the dealer on the cost also. It cost me 10% of that. I love my Pullrite 2600, It is anchored to the goose ball in your puck system and the hitch weighs 80#. It converts your pin box to a goose ball, You can hitch up to this thing at any angle and tows like a dream. The only thing I may change in the future when I retire and am using the trailer for full time is going to the dually.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200607_145158 (2).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	30986
    Great looking rig! I need to research the pullrite system vs a standard 5th wheel. So the biggest advantages are hitch weight and it's easier to connect?

Last edited by Paragod1345; 12-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    Josh Ward

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12