User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have the Goosebox 2 with a Chevy?

Hello. Is anyone running the Reese Goosebox 2nd gen on their Momentum? We have an ‘18 Chevy 3500 DRW and the 381m. We are considering the Goose Box or possibly the GEN Y. Was wondering the pros and cons. Would it increase bedrail clearance? Thanks.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    2021 Momentum 381m
    2019 Can Am Maverick X3 Max Xrs

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDad18 View Post
    Hello. Is anyone running the Reese Goosebox 2nd gen on their Momentum? We have an ‘18 Chevy 3500 DRW and the 381m. We are considering the Goose Box or possibly the GEN Y. Was wondering the pros and cons. Would it increase bedrail clearance? Thanks.
    I have the same truck pulling a 397th with the gen2 Goosebox
    My bed clearance is a little less than I would prefer 5-6” but have not experienced any significant issues having pulled it 10000 miles plus.
    The trailer definitely bucks less on the crappy roads we all experience these days.
    Takes a little practice lining it up for hook up but can consistently nail it every time now.
    Although it’s a bit pricey I would highly recommend it.
    It’s certainly pleasant not having to deal with the conventional hitch always being in the way in the bed.
    Patrick & Sherry
    2018 Momentum 397th
    2018 Chevy Diesel Dually 4x4
    2015 Street Glide / 2017 Road Glide / 2017 BMW 800 GSA

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response. Our current set up with our Curt hitch only gives us about 5 1/2 inches of clearance at the tailgate and we have already hit. I was hoping the Gen2 would help give a little more clearance. What goose-ball are you using?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Curt Gooseneck Ball that drops into the OEM puck setup and it is pretty much a perfect fit with my 2019 3500HD DRW. Rides level, good clearances, can go to 90 degrees if I have to. Pin Weight is a hair over 4k and the truck does not squat at all (no air bags - just timbrens). The ride, between the GooseBox and Timbrens is pretty decent!

I say go for it!
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I have the Curt Gooseneck Ball that drops into the OEM puck setup and it is pretty much a perfect fit with my 2019 3500HD DRW. Rides level, good clearances, can go to 90 degrees if I have to. Pin Weight is a hair over 4k and the truck does not squat at all (no air bags - just timbrens). The ride, between the GooseBox and Timbrens is pretty decent!

I say go for it!
    How much clearance is “good clearance”? And is your goosebox on the lowest setting?
    2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
    2021 Momentum 381m
    2019 Can Am Maverick X3 Max Xrs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably 5-6", haven't measured recently but it is uniform front to back and a nice gap. NEVER had a collision with 12k miles all over the country now. At my old house, had to jackknife the trailer backing up a decent angled hill to get into my driveway, if that wasn't hitting, nothing will haha. The trailer hitch would scrape on the back of the trailer, but nothing happening at the front.

I did install the GooseBox at the lowest setting on the arms that would let me get in 4 bolts on each side.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)