User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydraulic Fluid on landing pads

I discovered a small amount of hydraulic fluid on one jack pad. The landing gear are still working. What should I do now?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Determine the source of the leak - see if it is originating at a fitting at the top of the landing gear or if it's running down the telescoping sections. You may need to clean things up and then dust it to make it obvious. This will sound weird, but if you cannot lay hands on mechanic's duster, you can use PAM baking spray with flour in it.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is from a leaking plug on an unused port, you can get a replacement plug and o-ring. When a GD dealer in Casper, WY couldn't figure out how to get one a local sent me to a well supply house and it cost me a whopping $1.29 for the plug with an 0-ring in it.

If it is a leaking port with a hose in it, maybe it might need slight tightening.

If it leaking from the top of the jack it is replacement time.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryinGlobe View Post
    I discovered a small amount of hydraulic fluid on one jack pad. The landing gear are still working. What should I do now?
    Hopefully, your leak will be in a fitting or hose, if your cylinder is leaking you can take it to a hydraulic repair shop and they can rebuild the cylinder for you.

I had this problem and my Dealer replaced the cylinder with a new one from Grand Design, very expensive fix, fortunately the extended Warranty covered the repair, less a deductible.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also had this problem but it has healed itself somehow. I did notice that the polished rod has a coating on it that has flaked off in a couple of places. I thought the broken coating had damaged the oring seal but seems ok now. Still watching it.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston