User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 31MB owners?

Hi. I'm a new guy hoping to get some feed back on a Reflection 31MB that I am considering buying. It's got a good sized mid bunk but the rear living area is a little small but should work out ok. By comparison to other mid bunk FWs, this rig is a little smaller/lighter and I should not have any trouble towing it with my 2016 GMC 2500HD Duramax. Any owners of this FW out there that has feed back about this trailer? Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your limiting factor on that truck will be axle weights and payload.

With that 5ver, at GVWR you will have a pin weight of 2400 -3000lbs.

With the truck you mention., you will most likely border or exceed your payload with just the pin weight.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 31MB owners?

Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    Hi. I'm a new guy hoping to get some feed back on a Reflection 31MB that I am considering buying. It's got a good sized mid bunk but the rear living area is a little small but should work out ok. By comparison to other mid bunk FWs, this rig is a little smaller/lighter and I should not have any trouble towing it with my 2016 GMC 2500HD Duramax. Any owners of this FW out there that has feed back about this trailer? Thanks
    I pull a 2020 31mb with a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins. I’m over my pin weight but not any where close to axle limits. It pulls it great, stops it even better.

I agree the living area is a bit smaller but I do like having a second room that can close off for whatever reason. I haven’t really noticed the smaller living area as an issue with two adults, 16 year old daughter and two dogs. So far we love the thing.

Don’t let the payload back and forth dissuade you from this rig. But that’s a decision for you to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took delivery of our 2021 31MB in August. Traded a 5er with bunk room in the back of similar size, slightly lighter. Trailer was claustrophobic with only the main slide with windows. 31MB floorplan has been great for my wife and me. We were sold on the larger bottom bunk, opposing slides in the kitchen/living area and all the windows in same. Upgraded the bunk mattress to custom sized memory foam from Mattress Insider and my wife is in heaven in her hideaway. Snoring and restless leg syndrome dictate separate sleeping arrangements. I have towed over several Colorado high mountain passes with my 2014 RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4..no issues. We're very much looking forward to our next trip in April to Arizona!
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coastn, I'm in the same boat as you. Because of similar reasons, I have to sleep in a separate room from the wife. I also sleep on the bottom mid-bunk (when we don't have the grandkids). The bunk is 6-feet long and, with a 4-inch mattress topper, fits my 5 foot, 8 inch frame fine. The 31MB is unique in having a full size mid bunk arrangement with only a 36 foot overall length. Plus, a 3 position recliner sofa and a huge, almost 8 foot rear dinette. Lots to like in this floorplan. If only it didn't have 3 Schwintec slides! (it's main negative feature, IMHO).

I can't address the OP's payload question, since my F-350 SRW has a 3800 pound CC.

Ken
    2020 Reflection 31MB Fifth Wheel
    2007 Ford F350 diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like ours so far. We liked the mid bunk setup for two kids and larger u-shaped dining room table.

Have not run over scales to get an official axle/pin weights of ours, but there is a weight thread that was started that shows FW anywhere from 20-25% pin weight of trailer weight, believe I had originally anticipated 22%. I skipped 3/4 ton because we were already shopping for a new truck from a 2014 1/2 ton and smaller trailer and wanted as much payload in SRW truck just to cover wider range of FW's. Once wife said to get a bigger truck (didnt have to ask me twice) she upsized trailer two more times from 2800BH tow behind we had planned to get initially to the 31MB. If I had already had a 2500HD diesel before 31MB, probably would have kept it a couple of years before possibly shopping for something bigger if I felt it was too much trailer for 3/4 ton.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pulling a 320MKS with my 2018 2500HD Duramax. Greater Hitch weight and GVWR. You won't have any problems.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 31MB.. overall great unit! It is light compared to other 5ers of its’s layout, but its still heavy. I took it to the scales basically empty (except for linens, some kitchen items, and blocks) oh and full propane tanks. My unit also has the second AC unit, which adds weight completely up front. I am showing empty, #2060 on the pin which is right at 20% of the trailer weight.

We pull with a 2017 Ram 2500HD gasser. I am close on payload with the family in the truck when I have the trailer loaded for camping. Running an Andersen hitch will save you some weight if you are comfortable with that setup. That said, my Ram is more than powerful enough - we went all through Yellowstone last summer with it and didn’t have any problems. Just be smart about how you load up and distribute the weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey 31MB owners: I am considering this FW and have a question - can the theater seating be used as a sleeper? It's 78" wide but none of the literature suggests that it could be used as another sleeping area. It may not be flat or deep enough for an adult to sleep on.
    thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 31MB owners?

Quote Originally Posted by 1carguy View Post
    Hey 31MB owners: I am considering this FW and have a question - can the theater seating be used as a sleeper? It's 78" wide but none of the literature suggests that it could be used as another sleeping area. It may not be flat or deep enough for an adult to sleep on.
    thanks
    Really depends on the person trying to sleep on it. It’s a couch. If someone can sleep in a somewhat thinner couch, then sure. Probably a kid would be best. If someone likes sleeping on it in a recliner position, then sure. I definitely have fallen asleep on the couch with it all closed up but probably wouldn’t want to sleep there all night long...but could if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast