User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Well, unless you get an antibody test. When they are more reliable.
    Yeah, I asked my doctor about that but he said I would have to pay for it and it doesn't tell you for sure if you had it or not. Even the Covid tests to see if you have Covid are not 100% accurate.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a physician who treats COVID cases daily, will also agree with Rob's advice. Also agree with the comment that most transmission is likely from person to person in proximity, not off surfaces.
    On antibody tests (to clarify, a test to see if you had a disease in the past and your immune system responded by making antibodies), short answer is not very helpful. There is considerable variability in their production, sometimes never yet known + case with molecular test, or antibodies present but never had any illness, and also issue with what degree of immunity conferred anyway, for how long. Basically a test that in most people would change nothing in terms of advice, care, etc.
    Glad you came through this....not fun.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    Yeah, I asked my doctor about that but he said I would have to pay for it and it doesn't tell you for sure if you had it or not. Even the Covid tests to see if you have Covid are not 100% accurate.
    Not even close to accurate. I had 12 days of fever, 2 negative tests at a drive up place, then a 3rd negative test in the hospital when admitted with pneumonia, then finally a 4th test was positive.
    Wife got the sniffles, we (she) took no precautions. There is no telling who is gonna get hit hard and who will not even know they had it. I've gotta believe WAY more people have had it now than we think.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our critical care nurse here in BC has informed everyone that after washing bedding etc., in hot water and soap and high dryer heat, then you’re supposed to use a spray mixture of at least 90% rubbing alcohol (or bleach) with soap and hot water and wash down everything. Like the others have said, if you can air out and stay out of the place for a minimum of 72 hours, the virus doesn’t exist after that.
    Personally, I still disinfect my counter tops, bathroom every 3-4 days as even after cleaning groceries when bringing them home, I’m still concerned that “something” might have been accidentally brought in. This virus is cruel and insidious and I just can’t afford to lose another person in my life this year (and no, none were from covid, but it doesn’t matter, dead is dead). I am just so frustrated and pissed off at how many people in Canada and especially the US (the worlds leader in all things covid) still think it’s either “just the flu” or “a hoax”. I just hope they don’t lose someone to it before they wake up and get with the program.
    Rant over

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you live in the trailer full time? If not, I would take the advice several have already offered and then just vacate the trailer with windows open for an extended period of time.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering5thwheelers View Post
    Our critical care nurse here in BC has informed everyone that after washing bedding etc., in hot water and soap and high dryer heat, then you’re supposed to use a spray mixture of at least 90% rubbing alcohol (or bleach) with soap and hot water and wash down everything. Like the others have said, if you can air out and stay out of the place for a minimum of 72 hours, the virus doesn’t exist after that.
    Personally, I still disinfect my counter tops, bathroom every 3-4 days as even after cleaning groceries when bringing them home, I’m still concerned that “something” might have been accidentally brought in. This virus is cruel and insidious and I just can’t afford to lose another person in my life this year (and no, none were from covid, but it doesn’t matter, dead is dead). I am just so frustrated and pissed off at how many people in Canada and especially the US (the worlds leader in all things covid) still think it’s either “just the flu” or “a hoax”. I just hope they don’t lose someone to it before they wake up and get with the program.
    Rant over
    It's not influenza and it's not a hoax.
    So the skepticism they have created results in people not abiding by common sense preventive measures as with any other virus or bacterial disease.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 12-06-2020 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Political content removed (no politics allowed per forum rules)
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes. Based on what I'm reading, I'm opting to stick with wiping down the surfaces and then airing the place out--all the windows do make that easy

As for surviving it, I understood that having asthma could pose problems with this virus. That was the first time in my life I ever needed oxygen though--didn't even need that when I got pneumonia over a decade ago. And for those who equate it to a flu, what's weird is that this didn't feel like any flu I've ever had. It felt more like the common cold at first. It started with a little bit of sinus issue, sore throat and fever, but the body aches so typical of flu just weren't there. It did make a quick run at my chest, which most things do. What was different about this though was the daily progression of getting a little worse each day for almost 2 weeks. There were a lot of folks praying for me though, and I am sure God's grace was in it. If this didn't start turning for the better when it did, I don't know how I would have ended up.
    Glad to hear you're a survivor of this deadly disease. I got it back in mid October and tested positive on 10/25 while away on a month long RV trip with my wife. We were in Indiana and left to return home to Pa that same day... despite the recommendation of the health care clinic. I didn't feel real bad at that time so we opted to drive back home before I got worse... it turned out to be a smart decision on my part.
    I'm a recent cancer survivor with lifelong asthma so I'm extremely high risk. My wife got it from me, possibly on the ride home. I ended up getting sicker each day, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, constant headaches, and fatigue. No fever or chills for either of us during this entire time! I got worse with my breathing even with using a nebulizer with prescription meds 4 - 5 times a day. I had already been on a 5 day Z pack from Oct 25th but 3 weeks later I was suffering enough that I thought about calling 911 for a trip to the ER... something I was dreading due to losing a brother in-law to covid-19 in late May. He broke his hip, ended up in the hospital, got covid 3 weeks later while in the hospital and died 3 weeks after that from a covid induced heart attack. So
    I got my Drs to put me on another Z pack and a heavy script of prednisone, I increased my vitamins C, D-3, and zinc. It's been 7 weeks for me and I just started to feel better the last 3-4 days... Breathing is getting much better, getting some energy back, headaches are lessoning, no diarrhea, and I can actually taste a little bit of certain foods. My wife had almost all of the same symptoms except for the breathing difficulties and has been much better than me throughout this whole ordeal.
    As for the RV, we unloaded food the day after arriving home and were totally exhausted with just that chore, next day we stripped the bed completely and washed everything, next few days we slowly brought in laundry, towels, etc and got that accomplished, along with winterizing before we just couldn't do anymore. The RV has been sitting for several weeks now and soon we will go wipe down surfaces and clean the bathroom just as a precaution. This virus is the real deal... Stay safe everyone!
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 12-06-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Glad to hear you're a survivor of this deadly disease. I got it back in mid October and tested positive on 10/25 while away on a month long RV trip with my wife. We were in Indiana and left to return home to Pa that same day... despite the recommendation of the health care clinic. I didn't feel real bad at that time so we opted to drive back home before I got worse... it turned out to be a smart decision on my part.
    I'm a recent cancer survivor with lifelong asthma so I'm extremely high risk. My wife got it from me, possibly on the ride home. I ended up getting sicker each day, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, constant headaches, and fatigue. No fever or chills for either of us during this entire time! I got worse with my breathing even with using a nebulizer with prescription meds 4 - 5 times a day. I had already been on a 5 day Z pack from Oct 25th but 3 weeks later I was suffering enough that I thought about calling 911 for a trip to the ER... something I was dreading due to losing a brother in-law to covid-19 in late May. He broke his hip, ended up in the hospital, got covid 3 weeks later while in the hospital and died 3 weeks after that from a covid induced heart attack. So
    I got my Drs to put me on another Z pack and a heavy script of prednisone, I increased my vitamins C, D-3, and zinc. It's been 7 weeks for me and I just started to feel better the last 3-4 days... Breathing is getting much better, getting some energy back, headaches are lessoning, no diarrhea, and I can actually taste a little bit of certain foods. My wife had almost all of the same symptoms except for the breathing difficulties and has been much better than me throughout this whole ordeal.
    As for the RV, we unloaded food the day after arriving home and were totally exhausted with just that chore, next day we stripped the bed completely and washed everything, next few days we slowly brought in laundry, towels, etc and got that accomplished, along with winterizing before we just couldn't do anymore. The RV has been sitting for several weeks now and soon we will go wipe down surfaces and clean the bathroom just as a precaution. This virus is the real deal... Stay safe everyone!
    Oh My!, so glad you and your wife are doing better. So sorry to hear about your BiL .

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter is a hospitalist as well as medical director at a couple of nursing homes, and she says the pattern they see most often is mild symptoms for 8-9 days, and then if it’s going to go bad on you it normally starts on day 10. If a “cytokine storm” hits, some go from good to gone in a matter of hours. So if you start feeling really bad around day 9-10, don’t delay in getting to the hospital. Elderly couple next door both died recently. She was in a nursing home, and he apparently contracted it just before she died. He went in the hospital on day 10 and died on day 14.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week I got to the point of being able to walk just over a mile. Albeit, at half my normal pace. But the last 3 days I've been able to do it without taking breaks, which is huge. I'm hoping to be back to doing regular cardiovascular exercises (like stepping and eliptical) by the end of this month. It'd be nice to be able to sleep laying flat again too, I guess...

Looking back to how wiped out I was when I disinfected the trailer, how I am now vs then is like night and day. Just after Thanksgiving, when I was cleaning and disinfecting things in this trailer, cleaning one room would be about all I could muster. Walking a mile would have been like asking me to do a triathlon.

Thankfully most don't get hit like I did. Some get it worse though. One saving grace is that I'm not hearing much about flu. I know that masks actually work for flu because it's droplet spread.

I think that having a well stocked vitamin chest might have helped some, and certainly didn't hurt (C, zinc, D3 and others). I did learn that keeping your iron levels high seems to be a good thing--right after I went on oxygen I read at least one study that linked low iron levels to covid death. Fortunately I like liver and onions--maybe it helps--so I switched from eating chicken soup to that. Actually if I never have another bowl of chicken noodle soup, it'll be too soon...
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast