User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seen on the road/camp site greetings?

I looked both here and in Off Topic and did not see a thread for giving a shout-out to fellow campers when you/we see a GD model either on the road or in a camp site. I got out of the house yesterday for a bit of beemer therapy on my R1200C and ran across a Solitude sitting in one of the camp sites near the dam at Lake Meredith in the Texas Panhandle. Just wondering if it might be anyone here on the site and wanted to say howdy & hope you enjoy your time near my home. We live in a community on the south side of the lake. A n d, if you are going to be there for a few days & need advice on things to see or do; please ask. I know this area very well and can recommend many places to see along with the best places to eat.

If this is in the wrong part of the forum or not allowed, I understand it could get moved or deleted & sorry for the error.
    those who say "I can't", will always be right

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTx View Post
    I looked both here and in Off Topic and did not see a thread for giving a shout-out to fellow campers when you/we see a GD model either on the road or in a camp site. I got out of the house yesterday for a bit of beemer therapy on my R1200C and ran across a Solitude sitting in one of the camp sites near the dam at Lake Meredith in the Texas Panhandle. Just wondering if it might be anyone here on the site and wanted to say howdy & hope you enjoy your time near my home. We live in a community on the south side of the lake. A n d, if you are going to be there for a few days & need advice on things to see or do; please ask. I know this area very well and can recommend many places to see along with the best places to eat.

If this is in the wrong part of the forum or not allowed, I understand it could get moved or deleted & sorry for the error.
    There is a thread running regarding Reflection sightings: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post117456

And I've seen random, single, threads regarding "I see XXXX (type) of GD in my campground, anyone on here?" threads.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya, I looked through a couple of pages here and in Off Topic an didn't see anything similar. I wasn't sure what to even put in the search box to find a similar topic. I'm wondering if just one pinned to the top here in General might be a useful thing to have. Then it would have a lot of exposure and cover all of the brand name instead of just each model. We did that on a couple of the motorcycle web pages I belong to and it turned out to be a lot of fun. There instances where people responded quickly enough they were able to get good local knowledge about interesting things to see, good places to eat and even repair shops--all useful bits of information when in an unfamiliar area. The two that come immediately to mind were called C Sightings for the BMW R1200C and Spyder Sightings for Can Am Spyders. I suppose one here could be called simply GD Sightings.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya, I looked through a couple of pages here and in Off Topic an didn't see anything similar. I wasn't sure what to even put in the search box to find a similar topic. I'm wondering if just one pinned to the top here in General might be a useful thing to have. Then it would have a lot of exposure and cover all of the brand name instead of just each model. We did that on a couple of the motorcycle web pages I belong to and it turned out to be a lot of fun. There instances where people responded quickly enough they were able to get good local knowledge about interesting things to see, good places to eat and even repair shops--all useful bits of information when in an unfamiliar area. The two that come immediately to mind were called C Sightings for the BMW R1200C and Spyder Sightings for Can Am Spyders. I suppose one here could be called simply GD Sightings.
    Of course, going to the rigs in question (in the campground) is always an option. That's what we do. We've met several people who had other GD rigs (primarily Reflections, though) by "just stopping by" and talking to them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I would feel comfortable doing that in person.. would make me feel like I'm invading their privacy. Especially so when I am not in an RV and just passing by on a bike.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I would feel comfortable doing that in person.. would make me feel like I'm invading their privacy. Especially so when I am not in an RV and just passing by on a bike.
    Well, I'm talking about IN a campground. We've found that socializing in campground is not like in a neighborhood. It's a lot like "how it used to be" when people said "hi" to each other, even when they didn't know each other. I think it has to do with fact that you may have different "neighbors" from week to week. We've found that, sometimes, we meet people who know other people we've met elsewhere.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Of course, going to the rigs in question (in the campground) is always an option. That's what we do. We've met several people who had other GD rigs (primarily Reflections, though) by "just stopping by" and talking to them.
    Yes I do that all the time as well, even if I'm just puttering around on my bike. GD folks always seem friendly and like to talk abut RV's. The KOA in San Antonio always seems to have 5-6 Solitudes or Reflections at any given time and I've had them walk right up and ask about mine as well. They're like a cute puppy, great conversation starters lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad idea I guess; sorry I brought it up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad idea I guess; sorry I brought it up.
    Nah not at all. RV people and especially RV/ motorcycle people are always friendly and happy to swap stories about their vehicles, very nice Beemer by the way.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, at first I was trying to figure out where you saw my bike, then I remembered it being in my avatar pic. That's actually one that is no longer with me. Here is the current R12 that replaced the black one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Custom (4.1).jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast