User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OneControl Connect Anywhere

I see an older version of some of these questions, but am looking for updated information if anyone has it. This is my first post other than the introduction post.

Let’s chat about the OneControl ConnectAnywhere system. After reviewing many videos and also the one thread on this site on the subject I am still finding myself confused and looking for solutions.

Problem: Blue Label OneControl ConnectAnywhere unit.

I do understand business and that Lippert wants to have a money maker product, but so many of us that buy these $60K-$100K rigs I believe are looking for more. Many of us due to Covid and a new lifestyle are looking for better connectivity and certainly burn through a ton of data for our work and entertainment. By locking down the modem with the Blue Label, we are limited to buy a data plan through Lippert. HOLY COW PATTY! I purchased the small 5 GB plan with Telematics for $42. Because of connectivity defaults, that data was gone within the first 36 hours. At that rate if we repurchased more data we would be running $300+ a month. Not acceptable.

So I started looking for solutions. Because of the lockdown of the modem I am struggling with this. For now we are parked for several months and have good WiFi that will be available at the new RV park we are in. We also have some good cell plans with unlimited data (somewhat) but like the functionality of the ConnectAnywhere system, but without buying their data is basically useless.

So I have a few questions.

1) I see there are Gray Label OneControls available on EBay that are new. Has anyone purchased a Gray Label and replaced their Blue Label?
    2) Has anyone found a work around that can still overcome the Blue Label issues?
    3) Any word if Lippert will get their head out of their profit mode and actually offer an unlimited plan that stops us from having to Jury Rig something to get it to work?

Yes I have complained to Lippert....but who am I! 😂

Any help would be appreciated!

Dave
    Dave & Erin
    2021 Momentum 349m
    Caldwell, ID

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that is not in our budget. I have no workaround for it but we went with firewifi

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    2021 GD Reflection 303rls
    2019 ram 2500 Crew Cab tradesman 4x4
    Autoslider 5th wheel hitch.