User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Place To Work on RV

Good day to all! Been trying to learn all I can about fixing items inside and out on our 2500RL. My problem is I don't have a place to work on my rig. The storage unit we have does not have enough room for me to work on it there and I cannot get it in my driveway at home. I am looking for ideas on how/where I could take it to work on. I don't really have friends or family that have enough room on their property. I don't mind having professionals working on it, but don't like the idea of dropping it off at a dealer and they have it for a couple of months working on it. Does anyone have ideas? I'm wanting to upgrade my suspension and feel I could get it done but just don't have a location to work on it. I'm thinking of asking my storage location if I can just put it in an empty outdoor slot while I work on it. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How about your local church parking lot. Some gas stations will rent you space outside, How wide and busy is your street - can you just do it there?

Thinking out loud here
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anywhere near you that rents garages or workshops by the day? Like a "maker space" but for mechanics. I have seen them before, but not everywhere.
    If you are ex-military and there's a base nearby they may also have garages you can use, I had a lot of friends who used to do that.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced all my leaf springs and equalizers while at a campground right at the site. This was a military campground on base and not packed super tight like a lot of campgrounds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powerscol, DarthMuffin, FT4NOW...thanks for the ideas! Yes, retired military so will check out the bases. Also local garages for space rental! Streets in my subdivision barely leave enough room for one car to go through, so I wouldn't want chance bringing it home and working in the street. I'm also in a short culdesac. Ugh. Will check out all your ideas! I appreciate it!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most RV parks and storage places forbid people from working on vehicles. The reasons are liability, mess, pollution from oil and grease, noise and on and on.

If you are willing to let someone else work on it check into spring shops, trailer alignment shops, non-rv trailer repair shops. general auto repair shops, big truck shops. Start talking to local repair shops and someone will point you to a place that is set up to do the work.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually