User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anthony & Sharon

We have 2361 miles on our 2021 Solitude, I noticed when greasing wet bolts two would not take grease, removed these two and found grease hole in bolt at 12:00 position and plugged with brass material from bushing, also found brass bushing damaged and deformed due to hour glass and large v- gap in leaf spring eye, I installed new brass bushing, install wet bolt w/ grease hole at the 9:00 position. Also removed one of the wet bolts that were taking grease, found same thing, (the grease hole was in correct position) brass bushing damaged and deformed, installed new bushing. I feel that there is a problem with vendor quality ( the spring eyes need to have a parallel bore and the end of spring eye wrap needs to tightly contact beginning of eye wrap. I did not fix anything by installing new brass bushings, ( just prolonged life ) We have been approved by Grand Design for warranty of suspension, but am concerned that the new leaf springs will be the same. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks Anthony

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybehnken View Post
    We have 2361 miles on our 2021 Solitude, I noticed when greasing wet bolts two would not take grease, removed these two and found grease hole in bolt at 12:00 position and plugged with brass material from bushing, also found brass bushing damaged and deformed due to hour glass and large v- gap in leaf spring eye, I installed new brass bushing, install wet bolt w/ grease hole at the 9:00 position. Also removed one of the wet bolts that were taking grease, found same thing, (the grease hole was in correct position) brass bushing damaged and deformed, installed new bushing. I feel that there is a problem with vendor quality ( the spring eyes need to have a parallel bore and the end of spring eye wrap needs to tightly contact beginning of eye wrap. I did not fix anything by installing new brass bushings, ( just prolonged life ) We have been approved by Grand Design for warranty of suspension, but am concerned that the new leaf springs will be the same. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks Anthony
    I can't say mine are perfect and I have had 8 wet bolts replaced on Dexter's dime. If you are approved by GD why bother with the worry of their replacements and just take the trailer to a shop that does springs and suspension. A place that does strictly cargo trailer work is a good choice too. There isn't any difference between a cargo trailer spring and your Solitude's. This would be a good time for a spring upgrade to a higher rating especially if one side is heavier. You would probably find the turnaround is better than a dealer too.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.