Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 26RL- Is GVWR 9,995 or 10,995?

The original brochure says 9,995 and I've always gone by that. However, the Vehicle Weight Information Sheet specific to my VIN# that came with my paperwork says 10,995, as does the decal on the front "street" side of the trailer. I called Grand Design, and the person read me the same info I have on my information sheet, which shows a GAWR of 10,400, which makes sense for 2-5,200 axles. Can anyone explain this?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokulele View Post
    The original brochure says 9,995 and I've always gone by that. However, the Vehicle Weight Information Sheet specific to my VIN# that came with my paperwork says 10,995, as does the decal on the front "street" side of the trailer. I called Grand Design, and the person read me the same info I have on my information sheet, which shows a GAWR of 10,400, which makes sense for 2-5,200 axles. Can anyone explain this?
    While I can’t speak to your specific trailer as to why yours would be higher, what is on your sticker should be the correct number. Mid year changes happen, there may have been multiple axle options, etc.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your response-I hadn't considered mid-year changes, but the model has been discontinued. Not sure why, maybe the layout. You can't get to the bathroom on the road without putting a slide out. That became apparent after we bought it, but other than that we really like it. I do remember now that after I bought it, the axles were recalled and replaced. I don't remember getting specifics as to why. That may have something to do with it. Mysterious are the ways of the RV world!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokulele View Post
    As noted the weight sticker is your definitive answer. For further reassurance we have a 2018 27RL also a discontinued model with a GVWR of 10,995 as well, earlier models were 9,995 GVWR. I suspect GD discontinued our models in favor of marketing the " half ton towable" models as bth the 26 RL and the 27RL were the lightest of the reflection line.
    2018 Reflection 27RL
    2017 GMC 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an interesting observation...I'm not sure I'd want to tow mine with a half-ton over the Siskiyou Pass
    in December! Thanks for your reply.