User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Trailmanor that the refer and was AC, DC, and propane. DC never worked well. It always did well on either AC or propane. 12 volt really sucks the power out of the battery and the bus.

I never had the DC work well on the refer. AC was fine and so was the propane. A number of people in the Trailmanor group always complained about DC never working well on the DC.
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Furrion 12v fridge issues

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1970 View Post
    Just got a new 2021 Transcend 261BH. Fridge will not get colder than 40 degrees. Dealership has had it as long as I have. They are saying the fridge is bad but is 6 weeks to get a new one. Anyone else have issues???
    You get 40 degrees? You're lucky! Brand new 2022 Reflection 150, took possession yesterday, and the fridge and freezer stays at room temperature. I guess it's a really big boat anchor? It makes noise like it's working, the control panel works, but no cooling/freezing.

Furrion FCR16DCASA-BG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2022 2400 BH. We have had problems with Furrion fridge since we bought it in June. Fridge seems to work as far as cooling down to 39 F but when you start placing items in fridge temp goes up to 50. Freezer is always -5 to 20 F. We had pre cooled our groceries and loaded the fridge prior to a trip to Colorado. The next morning everything was at 50F. We quickly transferred to coolers and headed out. Talked to Grand Design along the way and they were ready to send us a new fridge but it started working. So no new fridge yet.
    We had this happen again recently. So I built a Arduino based data logger to monitor fridge, freezer, space temps along with amps and voltage. So last weekend we had a 72 hour camping trip with similar problems. We were able to manage. I small battery fan in fridge compartment helps move cold air around. The fridge current (amps) hovered around 4.5-5.0 amps. Voltage was 12.5-13.0. It didn’t matter if you selected max cooling or mid range on thermostat it just stayed in that amperage range. This is basically 40% capacity. Furrion states that at max cooling or startup the fridge should draw 11 amps. I think this explains a lot about not keeping up when you place items in fridge. Unfortunately Furrion thinks it is an external power issue. I have no idea how this would be the case. I have (2) 6 volt batteries in series for 225 amp hours. My voltage to fridge never fell below 12.5 volts and my battery monitor was always showing close to 100% capacity. Wire size to fridge is #10. So I feel I have amble power available. I even tried running fridge for an entire day in my driveway with no shore power. Empty fridge stayed at 39F and batteries were at 100%. Solar works great.
    I have appointment with dealer to check this out. I just hope they really take the time to look at it. I have the data to support what is occurring. I think it is in the controller. Will post again when I get the results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12