Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_nyne View Post
    Hi everyone - while camping this past week in Death Valley (side note: Do it! Lots of fun), I noticed a cable dangling beneath my Imagine 22MLE just a few inches from the ground. The cable is shielded in a red colored rubber and connects via (what looks like) electrical connectors to two other wires. This MAY be the connections that power the electrical brake, but I have nothing to back up that guess.

Here is a picture:

Attachment 30919

I'm hoping you can help me out by 1) Identifying what it is, if you know; 2) Should it be dangling like that? I am guessing no; and 3) If it shouldn't be dangling like that, where should it be wrapped/stored/zip-tied?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
    Let me just throw this out there. Do NOT go to Death Valley! At least not between Christmas and New Year's Day. There is nothing to do except cycle, hike, drive the loops, hike other hikes, cycle other roads....etc. One of our sons proposed to his girlfriend on Zabriski Point. That is our time and it is getting harder and harder every year to get a site. Feel glad you were there. Today at noon they will be closing ALL camping in the park due to California's latest lock down for three weeks. We have now lost our site for that week. One of the few times we have ever had full hookups too. It is one of the things that gets my wife through the Winter. We are now searching for another place to go.

Oh, good luck with your trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are electric brake control wires. Had the same issue on our 2150RB. Get hold of flexible conduit, the stuff that is slit, and put it over the wires. Then secure the bundle to the frame with good wire tie wraps.
    2020 2150RB
    2015 Silverado 5.3 L extended cab
    Former: 2015 Casita 17'
    Former: 1986 Terry 34'
    Former: 1988 Pearson 31-2 sailing sloop (liveaboard)
    Too many guitars and too many boats (according to my wife anyway)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the conduit/loom idea. Good call.

I’m going under tomorrow to make the fix. Thanks all for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    [RIP] 2010 Coleman Utah Pop-Up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12