User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Norcold fridge on my boat. Freezer seal failed within the first few months. This seal was not replaceable, it needed a complete door. The only way they would replace the door was if I took the fridge out and brought it to a authorized Norcold place. That would have been hours of work.
    We used 1/4 inch insulating foam tape on top of the original seal. That cured the problem.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    I had a Norcold fridge on my boat. Freezer seal failed within the first few months. This seal was not replaceable, it needed a complete door. The only way they would replace the door was if I took the fridge out and brought it to a authorized Norcold place. That would have been hours of work.
    We used 1/4 inch insulating foam tape on top of the original seal. That cured the problem.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.
    Yikes!
    That's terrible. I hope they're kinder to me.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went out to the trailer this afternoon and did the dollar bill test.

It was a total fail on both freezer doors. The bill didn't catch at all. I could slide that bill in and out with ZERO resistance from any side of the freezer doors.

The lower two fridge doors put up some mild resistance, but I'm a little suspicious of them too.

Is there any way to adjust the doors? Otherwise I'm going to have to warrantee it with Grand Design and Norcold.

Thanks again for suggesting the test. I'm just really disappointed that GD uses such a low quality fridge. My Dometic in my 2600RB was a champ. This Norcold is FAIL.
    Jesse & Anita
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    I have a new 2021 Reflection 303rls with the 12 cu ft double door Norcold fridge. The freezer is developing ice in both sides of the freezer. This happens after just a day or two of camping. Is this normal for this fridge, or do I have a bad gasket or two?

thanks
    With my experience with NoCold Norcold you should be happy anything freezes. Norcold customer service were basically useless.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    With my experience with NoCold Norcold you should be happy anything freezes. Norcold customer service were basically useless.
    So far (knock on wood) the fridge and freezer get nice and cold. It's just that the freezer is icing up due to the seal not really, well, sealing.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    We have a norcold fridge. We've not had to deal with customer service as it works fine. Just back from a quick trip and the freezer was hanging in at around -7 degrees and the fridge at 38/40 degrees.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12