Thread: Gremlins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gremlins

2016 369RL. Solitude
    Just had hydraulic pump replaced at dealership. Came home unhooked and it sat for about a month. (Plugged into 50amp service at home)
    Thanksgiving trip arrived and when I went to raise jacks, got a “low voltage” alert. It took about 4 reset cycles to get jacks up. Arrived at campsite low voltage warning as I got it off the truck but then hit Auto Level and “No Issues “
    Got out my Swiss Army knife and started checking stuff. Immediately found a loose connection on the newly installed pump. Great I am a genius and life is good again. Fast forward 5 days and it’s time to go home Been on full hookups entire time, zero issues with electrical. Do my checks and give the wife the all clear to retract the slides. Slides get about half way in and stops. Wife panics just a little because we did have an issue in the past with not checking for obstructions. (Not my finest hour as a husband) ok I was an ********** but I digress
    I come in and check and panel is dead. Hmm ok replace the 15 amp fuse and continue slides in operation. As slide just closes, fuse pops agains ???
    Replace fuse again. Finish closing cycle with no issues. (When we get home, move slides out, no issues)
    I go to raise jacks and once again low voltage warning appears. Wait, how can this be? I fixed the loose wire issue!!!! Anyway, after the reset cycle of 4 attempts is completed we go home and again Low Voltage warning while getting it off the truck, hit auto level and jacks come down without any issues)
    More info
    3 Lithium batteries 13.5 (not under load) 80amp relay for pump, fluid reservoir full, all connections clean and tight, Voltage protection in place
    Any ideas or where to start looking to kill these gremlins?? Not sure if I have two issues or one (I “assume” it’s related but assuming always ends up with me looking like an **********!!
    Thanks Alan

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To keep electrical gremlins at bay, I place a bunch of the plastic army men throughout my kitchen area, I learned it from being in the Navy. Seems to help!

Have you checked the wiring to the hydrualic pump, not just the connectors, but the actual 12v wires? I would start looking for loose connections somewhere. Seems like a strange issue with symptoms that come and go, makes me think a loose connection is somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What FT4Now said.... start checking all 12v connections. It’s amazing the things that can happen with bad connections under high current draw.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double check all ground connections. I've had this type of problem and 80% of the time it was a bad ground.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Have not had time to chase this down but that’s where I will start No trips planned till Jan. So I have time

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also double check the battery disconnect. If it is not truly on strange things can happen.

PS - Just don't leave a bowl of water out.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok have checked out as many 12 volt connections as I can find. Nothing loose!! A few more hints I have found. the slides seem to be struggling to open and close. (exactly as if the batteries where dying) however, I have 3 newer Battle Born 100 amp Lithiums. have 4-0 cable connecting the Victron invertor. I am running 8 gauge wire from invertor up to breaker box. This system worked without issue for 6 months and 1 month long trip in the PNW.
    The low voltage warning keeps appearing on my leveling system panel, however I have followed the wiring and can find nothing loose.
    Things i am going to try next.
    1. Wire directly to leveling panel to battery.
    2. check convertor wiring
    3. pull undercarriage panel off (UGH) and check connections on slide motors
    4. Pull main panel out and check for loose wires

Again all this happened after bringing home from dealership who just replaced leveling pump. OH and I just remembered, they also did a factory recall repair on the microwave. (put in a heat shield behind it).

Any other thoughts are suggestions are welcome

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be possible the new pump is also bad? Just because it was replaced doesnt mean the new one wasnt a dud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pump seems to work ok the relay may need to be replaced. Ordered a new one as I see on the forum it’s not a bad idea to have a spare.
    Did find a loose power wire behind panel which appears to have fixed the low voltage issue. 1 gremlin dead 😵.
    Still blew a fuse when moving slides in though
    So that is the next one to hunt down and kill

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    Pump seems to work ok the relay may need to be replaced. Ordered a new one as I see on the forum it’s not a bad idea to have a spare.
    Did find a loose power wire behind panel which appears to have fixed the low voltage issue. 1 gremlin dead 😵.
    Still blew a fuse when moving slides in though
    So that is the next one to hunt down and kill
    Are you moving both slides at the same time? There have been other posts that you can only move one at a time or fuse blows?
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast