User Tag List

Thread: King Mattress

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Mattress

We have a 2021 Solitude 310-GK with a king bed. We would like to upgrade our mattress to something of higher quality and also a bit firmer. We were considering a Puffy Lux mattress, but they are 76" wide, and our Solitude can only accommodate a 72" wide mattress. And Puffy Lux mattresses are also 12" tall, and that is too tall for the space available.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Rob. We will check it out.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrose092150 View Post
    We have a 2021 Solitude 310-GK with a king bed. We would like to upgrade our mattress to something of higher quality and also a bit firmer. We were considering a Puffy Lux mattress, but they are 76" wide, and our Solitude can only accommodate a 72" wide mattress. And Puffy Lux mattresses are also 12" tall, and that is too tall for the space available.

We just took delivery of our 2021 310GK-R this past Saturday and had been going through the same dilemma. We had considered the sleep number R5 but was a bit concerned dropping 2K on a mattress brand I’ve never tried. We have a Tempur breeze lux at home which we are very happy with so being as they don’t make a size to fit we ended up ordering the Tempur Adapt topper for $359 in a cal king size and cut 3” off the length and it worked out better than expected albeit we’ve only used it a couple nights thus far. I figured if it doesn’t work in the long run I’ll make a nice dog bed out of it.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrose092150 View Post

We went with a California King Purple 3 Hybrid. California King was the perfect width and length with 0.0" to spare! I removed and relocated the elbow jammers that GD installs within the bed slide (cannot believe they're still doing that).
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC_Scott View Post
    We just took delivery of our 2021 310GK-R this past Saturday and had been going through the same dilemma. We had considered the sleep number R5 but was a bit concerned dropping 2K on a mattress brand I’ve never tried. We have a Tempur breeze lux at home which we are very happy with so being as they don’t make a size to fit we ended up ordering the Tempur Adapt topper for $359 in a cal king size and cut 3” off the length and it worked out better than expected albeit we’ve only used it a couple nights thus far. I figured if it doesn’t work in the long run I’ll make a nice dog bed out of it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this one that is 72X78; i am pleased. This maker calls that size a King RV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I order a Solitude it will have the queen. Several advantages. It's a 60x80 residential queen and you can get a mattress anywhere and not cost a fortune. Standard sheets fit. There is room on the side of the bed to get around it to get in and make it. There are night stands which I need to put the CPAP.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    If I order a Solitude it will have the queen. Several advantages. It's a 60x80 residential queen and you can get a mattress anywhere and not cost a fortune. Standard sheets fit. There is room on the side of the bed to get around it to get in and make it. There are night stands which I need to put the CPAP.
    Exactly the reasons we ordered our Solitude with a queen...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015