User Tag List

Thread: Sensors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensors

Regarding the control panel, the sensors for the tanks are not accurate. The fresh water showed as low all the time even after being filled. The black and grey tank showed 3/4 full. Are you able to rely on your control panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John and Sue
    From Virginia
    2018 F150 5.0L V8
    2021 Transcend Xplor 200MK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SueBane View Post
    Regarding the control panel, the sensors for the tanks are not accurate. The fresh water showed as low all the time even after being filled. The black and grey tank showed 3/4 full. Are you able to rely on your control panel?

Lack of accuracy on tank sensors is a well known fact. After a while you learn when your tanks are full and/or need dumping/refilling.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SueBane View Post
    ....Are you able to rely on your control panel?
    No. The tank level indicators are very inaccurate. The black tank is the most inconsistent. Many discussions about them here on the forum. You can find them with the search function (upper right corner of every page). After a while of use, you will learn how fast you use/fill the tanks.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what gallon levels the sensors are actually set at roughly? We would fill our fresh water until it showed full but not coming out of the overflow. I wonder if we are shorting ourselves a gallon or 5 gallons.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodenc View Post
    Anyone know what gallon levels the sensors are actually set at roughly? We would fill our fresh water until it showed full but not coming out of the overflow. I wonder if we are shorting ourselves a gallon or 5 gallons.
    Not sure what the levels mean in gallons but I fill mine until water starts coming out of the overflow. Once we start to use water it stays at the full for some time.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodenc View Post
    I know what the sensors correspond to in gallons on my trailer, and they vary (a lot) between the tanks. The sensors are very imprecise and inconsistent. I have three waste tanks (2 gray and 1 black). All three are the same size (listed as 45 gallons). An indicated 1/3 full on each tank is actually 10 gal (black), 5 gal (gray 1) and 13 gal (gray 2). THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR EVEY TRAILER. When I first got the trailer (brand new) I measured the capacity by using a flow meter (about $18 off Amazon. Many to chose from) and filling each tank from the hose, noting the gallons when each indicator light came on. On top of the inaccurate/inconsistency of the sensors, the tanks are very shallow (to fit inside the frame) and even a very slight change of trailer level can affect the indicated level.

For the fresh water, if I want a full tank I fill until water starts coming out the overflow. Note: According to Grand Design specs, I have an 80 gallon fresh water tank (plus a 12 gallon water heater). I have filled the fresh water tank many times and I get ~70 (68~71) gallons until it starts overflowing. This is not uncommon on trailers and lots of possible causes.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 11-30-2020 at 09:17 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023