User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to resist but could not . . . I am biased towards our truck because it is paid for and has been for a long time.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From 1982 up until last year, I’ve owned nothing but small Toyota trucks. If Toyota made a 1-ton truck, that’s where I’d be.

That said, we test drove Chevy and Ford trucks early on, not really knowing what we were looking for. None were DRW or long beds, etc.

What got me going down the Ford path was the X-plan (thru a friend of the family - I’ve since learned this is a benefit of joining the EAA). With the X-plan, PCO and other Ford incentives at the time, I was able to get this truck ordered with exactly the options I wanted, with no hassle, and for less than some of the F-150’s that were on the lot.

The first time I’ve ever driven a DRW, LB, CC was when I drove mine off the lot. I have ~11K miles on it now, ~8K towing. We really like this truck!

However in my first year of ownership, I’ve had 3 minor recalls:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-my-2019-F-350

And this:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ab-and-the-bed

Then there’s the unresolved death wobble that thankfully I have yet to experience.

I still have a Toyota Tacoma as my daily driver.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TEST DRIVE THE HECK OUT OF ALL THREE!!! Personal preference coupled with experience will bring you to the one that is best for you, what else matters? I choose the GMC 3500 DRW with the Denali package as I am most "familiar" with that truck since my last three were GMC's.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good ~ 15 minute comparison video (2020 RAM vs FORD)
    https://youtu.be/opgR0eeG8ds
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerga View Post
    TEST DRIVE THE HECK OUT OF ALL THREE!!! Personal preference coupled with experience will bring you to the one that is best for you, what else matters?
    I think this is the actual answer rockerga. It does seem to boil down to personal preference. Other than "known" problems that may or may not become headaches down the road (specifically the CP4 fuel pump I've read about on other threads installed in Dodge and Ford) and the unknown, like the new 10 speed transmissions in Ford and GM that haven't been around long enough to hate or love. The Big Three are similar in most areas of towing performance. Comfort, fit, style, features, and of course price will more than likely be the decision points. Once I do decide, I of course will jump into whatever camp supports my decision so I can aid some other wannabe road warrior on the best way to spend 80K! So folks... What color? LOL

- My father once caught me smoking a cigarette. He locked me in a closet with a carton and made me smoke every last one. If this lesson didn't teach me anything else, it taught me brand loyalty.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauced Hog View Post
    I think this is the actual answer rockerga. It does seem to boil down to personal preference. Other than "known" problems that may or may not become headaches down the road (specifically the CP4 fuel pump I've read about on other threads installed in Dodge and Ford) and the unknown, like the new 10 speed transmissions in Ford and GM that haven't been around long enough to hate or love. The Big Three are similar in most areas of towing performance. Comfort, fit, style, features, and of course price will more than likely be the decision points. Once I do decide, I of course will jump into whatever camp supports my decision so I can aid some other wannabe road warrior on the best way to spend 80K! So folks... What color? LOL

- My father once caught me smoking a cigarette. He locked me in a closet with a carton and made me smoke every last one. If this lesson didn't teach me anything else, it taught me brand loyalty.
    White! Matches everything and much easier for the body shop to match.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say test driving goes without saying. Hopefully the comments here serve as food for thought to help one get the most out of a test drive.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    White! Matches everything and much easier for the body shop to match.
    When we were buying our latest truck (in my sig), my DW only preference on color was anything BUT white. She is a partner in a construction company and didn't want anything that remotely resembled a work truck. YMMV...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a new 2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn short bed 3500 SRW crew cab. I loved the sound of that Cummins and the exhaust brake was awesome! It started leaking oil and the underside of the truck was wet with oil most. Ram said the oil “seep”would correct itself and would not repair because the oil was not actually dripping onto the ground. I ordered a 2018 F450 based on turning radius and got rid of that Ram with only 7k miles. Best decision I made. The 450 turns tighter than that 3500 SRW. That’s my bias; outstanding turning radius and big brakes. It’s an awesome truck.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say, I'm not a fan of the turning radius of my Cummins 3500. I park at the back of parking lots

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast