User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Terryh!! Now hook it up to that new truck and post a pic!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Congrats Terryh!! Now hook it up to that new truck and post a pic!
    Thanks. The dealer is backed up so be a few days for them to get it ready but lots of pics to come once we get it.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After an hour long call with GD, they are sending a new cap. They do not want to be repaired it at all. They assured me that the cap is a straightforward change and they'll stand behind it. Pains me greatly to even think about changing the front cap on my brand new trailer because of total lack of quality control on Grand Design's part but here we are anyway. I'm picking up the trailer next Wednesday and will return it to the dealer once the new cap is here for the swap.
    Last edited by TerryH; 12-02-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    After an hour long call with GD, they are sending a new cap. They do not want to be repaired it at all. They assured me that the cap is a straightforward change and they'll stand behind it. Pains me greatly to even think about changing the front cap on my brand new trailer because of total lack of quality control on Grand Design's part but here we are anyway. I'm picking up the trailer next Wednesday and will return it to the dealer once the new cap is here for the swap.
    It is a straight-forward swap - but pro, experienced tip now: MAKE SURE you repeat yourself about a DOZEN times when working with your dealer's service department that the trailer must be PERFECTLY level front-to-back and side-to-side via confirmation by good ole bubble level - repeat with a bubble level - 4-foot, or better 6-foot, on the floor BEFORE the old cap is removed and RECHECKED before the new cap is installed. Then before the new cap is screwed tightly down, the sidewalls should be checked for plumb. Also, acquaint yourself with what the roof transition detail looks like now, and be sure before you roll off the dealers lot it looks as good, if not better, with the new cap.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It is a straight-forward swap - but pro, experienced tip now: MAKE SURE you repeat yourself about a DOZEN times when working with your dealer's service department that the trailer must be PERFECTLY level front-to-back and side-to-side via confirmation by good ole bubble level - repeat with a bubble level - 4-foot, or better 6-foot, on the floor BEFORE the old cap is removed and RECHECKED before the new cap is installed. Then before the new cap is screwed tightly down, the sidewalls should be checked for plumb. Also, acquaint yourself with what the roof transition detail looks like now, and be sure before you roll off the dealers lot it looks as good, if not better, with the new cap.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to take possession of the trailer in a week and bring it back once the cap arrives. I'll take good photos of everything for comparison while I have it. In a nice way I have already made it clear to the dealership that I am "that guy" on this deal. I understand fully that it's not their fault but it is their responsibility to rectify GD's mess. I already have a written agreement with the dealer on what they are doing.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's your dealer?
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    Who's your dealer?
    Wheels RV in Springdale, Ar. They have been very accommodating. I'm very pleased with how they have handled the entire process from ordering forward.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    Wheels RV in Springdale, Ar. They have been very accommodating. I'm very pleased with how they have handled the entire process from ordering forward.
    That's good to hear. BTW I've had my front cap replaced and haven't had any problems.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your dealer and GD will take good care of you. With that said, how does a trailer like that get so far down the assembly line, then past the multi-point Factory PDI they advertise, get received at the dealer..........and no one notices the front cap defect. Maybe nobody wants to be the bearer of bad news, and they assume the customer somehow just won't notice it.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    I feel your dealer and GD will take good care of you. With that said, how does a trailer like that get so far down the assembly line, then past the multi-point Factory PDI they advertise, get received at the dealer..........and no one notices the front cap defect. Maybe nobody wants to be the bearer of bad news, and they assume the customer somehow just won't notice it.
    My thoughts exactly! We agonized over this decision and looked at a lot of trailers before we decided to go with GD. The supposed PDI processes and quality control are some of the reasons we chose the 31G. Then this. Very disappointing. I'm sure it'll be fine in the end but still feel sick over having to change the cap on this brand new trailer all because of the lack of quality control. It's such an obvious defect. Just the thought of it coming down the line, being shipped and then being checked in at the dealer and no one saw it? I find that unfathomable.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast